56 ratings (2.161 average)
What's new in this version (2.1.4):
- small improvments
MultiReader is an eBook Speaker / eReader. Smartphone & Tablets
- File formats supported : EPUB, text, Word, RTF , Power Point. Limited support for PDF (work fine, but slow)
- Voices : english, spanish, french, portugese, dutch, italian, german, Finnish... all TTS engines (Pico, SVox, eSpeak, ...) , all languages
- Direct access to online libraries.
Who needs MultiReader ?
- Students for their lessons. To review for an exam.
Can be used in assimilating information (eLearning), ie. foreign languages, training techniques.
- People who have difficulties with fine print (blind people).
- Simply listen documents from work or news in your car/public transportation.
Some files may not upload (memory limitation). This occurs ONLY if they contains too many/big images inside.
User Guide : http://bsegonnes.free.fr/multireader/MultiReader_Users_Guide.pdf
Access rights :
MultiReader needs to acces internet for some text to speach conversion, online libraries, and statistics.
Access to write on SDCard for temporary files (pdf), and write downloaded eBooks.
Last comments from Android Market
Buggy controls. Doesnt read multi-column tables in word 2003. Still, it worked. Droid Incredible 2.2
Absolute garbage. Will not find or add files it supports. Program should be removed, author should be punished.
It reads pdf, doc, txt and rtf files with minor glitches. Helps me proofread 35-100 pages of text at a time while I do other things. Evo4G/2.2
Didn't work on my epub files. Tried to open, but it just sat there, doing nothing at all. Multiple times! How do we improve TTS support on Android?
Edward GM (*)
No trial period for good reason. Uninstalled
Bad rtf support in my experience.
Could not see pdf file in directory Galaxy S phone so doesn't seem to be working
Fc on incredible
love the idea, but it's an fc-fest on my droid. will be my favorite app if it ever works.
Sssssllllllowwwwww!!!! And then it scrashes and burnssss