2703 ratings (3.524 average)
What's new in this version (1.3.2):
- New weighting filter implementation
- Save screen bug fixed
deciBel is the result of a serious effort to make an Android based SPL meter as close to a professional-grade device as the phone hardware limitations allow.
It uses a Fast Fourier Transform algorithm to implement a high precision A weighting filter and sophisticated digital signal processing techniques to achieve the best possible SPL readings out of your Android phone or tablet.
It displays the current, maximum and minimum values in decibels, and generates 3 kinds of sound pressure level versus time charts. The display can be turned upside down to allow pointing the mic at the sound source.
deciBel is supported by ads.
### Please calibrate before the first use! ###
- true A-Weighting (ANSI S1.4)
- simple calibration interface
- numeric dB, dBmin and dBmax display
- sliding sound level versus time chart
- sliding max, min and average soud level versus time chart
- accumulated sound level exposition chart (dosimeter)
- saves chart screen shots to the SD card
- dominant frequency display
- 22Khz bandwidth at the input of the weighting filter
- 1024 point real time FFT and digital sound processing
- movable to the SD card