892 ratings (3.711 average)
What's new in this version (2.13):
Fixed a problem where the BlueTooth media buttons could revert back to the default music player after another application temporarily took the audio focus.
When deleting audio files the .nomedia and image files are now removed, and the directory is deleted if it is empty.
An issue where starting the player sometimes went to the library screen instead of the play controls for the current book was fixed.
The premium player for listening to audio books.
The free Lite edition now allows you to try your own audiobooks from the SD card.
Download thousands of free audio books from AmblingBooks.com or purchase best selling mp3 audio book titles. Never lose your place in an audiobook again thanks to the undo/redo bookmarking system.
Unlike music players which include audio book functionality as an add on, the Ambling BookPlayer is designed from the ground up to be an audiobook player. The Ambling BookPlayer offers unique features designed to make audio book listening easy, frustration-free and uncomplicated for everyone:
* Never lose your place again. Fully automatic bookmarking for every book, with a revolutionary intelligent bookmark history system that lets you undo or redo any change in your listening position. You can also view and return to multiple previous listening positions, effortlessly returning exactly to your past points of listening.
* Audio file management is completely automatic and hidden. All audio file transitions are seamless and invisible, and can even occur mid-chapter without you being aware of the transition. For books downloaded using the player you don't ever need to know the names of the audio files, how many there are, or which file is currently playing.
* Enjoy content using familiar Chapter divisions, not arbitrary file limits. Navigate and track your current position in both the chapter and the book.
* The library provides an uncluttered view of your Books (not the files). It plays the books in a series in the correct sequence.
* The clean interface is focused on audiobook listening. Quickly jump back when you need to listen to something again.
* Finding and listening to good audiobooks is simple and easy. You pick the book and the player automatically downloads it from the AmblingBooks.com site ready for listening.
* Use Bluetooth car stereo systems and Bluetooth headphones to listen and control the audio playback. You just need to have your phone in your pocket.
The Ambling BookPlayer will quickly become your favorite player.
The free Ambling BookPlayer Lite edition includes a time limited trial for playing your audiobooks on the SD card. The trial period starts over each time you start the player. For full functionality please get the Ambling BookPlayer Personal or Pro edition.
The Ambling BookPlayer Personal and Pro editions include additional functionality which is not included in the free Lite edition.
The Personal edition adds automatic play history tracking of hundreds of start, stop, and jump positions in each audiobook and unlimited playback of your audio books on the SD card.
The Pro edition further adds extensive Library functions, organize your books by Series, save your Favorite Bookmarks with optional text and/or audio notes, and a Sleep Timer.
Last comments from Android Market
You have to buy one of the paid versions before you can even try it out on audiobooks that are already on your SD card.
flaming autralasian mongoose (****)
Its a great player and does everything I could want but sometimes it goes wild and starts skipping forward spontaneously.
This is a great little free app. I can't wait to get the Pro version with the sleep timer.
Doesn't allow books from your SD card to be listened to, only the ones you download. DroidX
Brilliant, I love stories but can't get in to reading a book. This app is what I've been waiting all my life for.
Can't read your own audio books wtf?
Ok app no bugs so far, nice range of free and paid books. Sleep timer should be a basic feature IMO not cost £5.50 and exit option leave stuff running
Wont turn off. Poor choices of readers with thick accents.
Wont let you play your own files. What b***s. Dishonest description. Uninstalling.
Rubbish only old books ive never heard of. Uninstall.