1495 ratings (4.384 average)
What's new in this version (1.6):
New EXPERIMENTAL feature: Adjacent maps - show adjacent maps instead of blank area outside map boundaries.
• crop map border
• continuous zoom
• Chinese localization
• show map border
• map scale indicator color setting
• optimized performance
• enhanced settings
• fixed waiting indicator
• fixed sensor data overflow
• fixed various crashes
Navigation client that uses OziExplorer maps (ozf2, ozfx3). Great for hiking, geocaching, off-roading, sailing, boating and other outdoor activities. You are expected to be aware of OziExplorer or at least of where to get its maps. Maps also can be created by yourself, but with some afford, see FAQ for details. Can work without maps as a simple navigator. Works with a number of online maps such as Open Street Map (Internet connection required).
• map index, switch between maps, zoom, drag
• works without maps as a simple navigator
• show current position, speed, course, elevation
• look ahead
• show current track, write track into file
• track recording in background (power-safe)
• edit track, view track details
• full track support
• full waypoint support
• full route support
• convert track to route
• project new waypoint
• create new or edit existing route
• load and save data files in in native ozi format
• load waypoints, tracks and routes in KML and GPX format
• navigation to waypoint and via route
• HSI and compass displays
• units configurable
• UTM coordinates format support
• load best scale map automatically
• load arbitrary map
• show map and user grids
• search coordinates in various formats
• search waypoints, tracks, routes
• search locations via Google geocoder
• share location and waypoints
• receive coordinates via text messages
• share location in real time
• trackball and D-pad support
• portrait and landscape modes
• configurable paths
• Honeycomb tablets support
NOTICE: if your map fails to open please send report.
BAD NEWS: current version of Img2Ozf generates ozfx3 maps in new format, they won't open in Androzic. Please use older versions of Img2Ozf, last known good version is 3.03.
Last comments from Android Market
Great app. Still some maps not working (where ok under oziexplorer). No pinch zoom.
it would be nice to add support not only for ozf2,but for images (jpeg,png) too.otherwise great
Works fine on HTC Desire. If your precision is out, it may be because this app assumes calibration in wgs84. You may need to re-calibrate your map.
Good it works in metric, bad thatt only map I see is world map. How do I install local maps?
Don't work on my HTC Desire! Like as running in background but not open nothing!
HTC desire, not running at all
0.8.1b works great on HTC Wildfire. Thank you!
Navigation, finally! Super!
Great app. Still some maps not working (where ok under oziexplorer).