32 ratings (4.313 average)
What's new in this version (2.2.6):
v2.2.6: Fixed font sizing issues in Galaxy Note
v2.2.5: Fixed crash bug in TFRs that occurs when no network is present
v2.2.1: New TFRs are available including Report, Raw Text, and Graphic image details.
v2.1.1: New ad-hoc airport search via "long press" on ICAOID text boxes, crash fix for CIPFIP and Winds due to orientation change. http://www.flightbriefer.net for details.
FlightBriefer allows users to quickly and easily access aviation information such as:
- DUATS access
- TFRs including Report, Raw Text, and Graphics
- Downloadable Airport database for geo-spatial searching and airport detail information including airport map view.
- "QuickQuery" option to turn off geo-spatial searching when not needed/desired (improves lookup performance)
- Text Winds including refined reporting "near" your departure and destination.
- "Nearest" feature allowing airport database searches near your location, your departure and/or your destination. Additionally, ad-hoc searches may be invoked through "long clicks" on any ICAOID text box.
- Prog Chart & SIGWX Images
- AIRMET & SIGMET chart Images
- Winds Aloft forecast images
- CIP/FIP Icing
- Convenient N-number lookup
- For EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY. NOT a certified flight tool. Use 1/800/WXBRIEF to obtain OFFICIAL briefings.
- Explore aviation-centric information quickly and easily: DUATS, ADDS, NOTAMS, and TFRs
- Explore fundamental aviation activities such as flight planning
- Look into current weather activity including wind speeds,forecasts and icing
- Learn more about aviation codes and practices
Kindle Fire Users:
Please do not try FlightBriefer on the Kindle Fire - it won't work due to compatibility issues with the Kindle Fire platform. Thanks!
Motorola Droid Users:
You can change the button color if desired as follows:
- With FlightBriefer up, press the devices' "menu" button
- Press "Set Button Text Color", Select a new Text Color
- Now, go back to FlightBriefer, press "Exit Application"
- Finally, re-launch FlightBriefer
- Your Button text color should be changed to your newly selected color.
Last comments from Android Market
The wind charts don't go ahead in time enough unlike gov weather website. Droid Incredible 2.2
Does what it says. Simple and effective. Developer seems to update often. Only 4 stars because N number just links to FAA website.
Used this to cheat on my Aviation Meteorology FINAL EXAM!!! AWESOME!!! Droid Incredible 2.2
Jared Max (*****)
I can finally file a flight plan from an app on android!!!
As a private pilot myself.... I find this extremely useful. Droid Incredible 2.2
When filling a form the NEXT.and DONE keys don’t work. Color selections on main menu (bright blue on gray) next to impossible to read. Unuseable.
As a private pilot myself.... I find this extremely useful. Droid Incredible
Best app for pilots. Translate METARS if you click on the raw form, can file flight plan via DUATS, great app!
Moto Droid 1st Gen. Good app, useful info especially if u can access airborne. Lots of useful aviation wx info in one app.