28 ratings (4.250 average)
What's new in this version (24.3.4):
Added ability to display units in metric with the Force Metric option under Menu, More, Preferences.
Added ability to display the Elevation now as an option available under Menu, More, Preferences.
Added Menu, My Place, Search Nearby to display a dialog to do searches for nearby places, and improved dialog to search nearby a Placemark.
Added compass rotation for Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
GPS Map Pro allows you to create, view, import and export locations on a map powered by Google Maps on Android devices.
It allows using almost any image from your Camera, Gallery, or file browsing app to create a Marker for a Placemark on the map.
GPS Map integrates with Google Drive, Google Earth, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Navigation, Google Search, Google Street View, email, and file browsing apps.
GPS Map Pro features:
* No advertising!
* Google Earth - export your Placemarks, Routes, and Tracks to Google Earth by installing GPS Map KML Server
* Latitude - integrated with Google Latitude (part of Google Maps). Allows you to update your current Latitude location using either your real location, or a Mock Location. Allows importing your history of Latitude locations as Placemarks.
* My Location - a button over the map to allow you to center the map over your location.
* Placemark Focus - a button over the map to allow you to center the map over the last Placemark that you selected.
* Layers - a button over the map to display a popup window to allow you to toggle the visibility of My Location, Placemarks, Satellite, Traffic, Track, and Route layers.
* Tracks - record your location over time and later view your Track colored according to your speed, or the color that you choose. Tracks can also be exported to KML and viewed in applications like Google Earth.
* Placemarks - mark and geodecode your current location with a Placemark and your own photo or image
* Change Location - change the location of a Placemark by pressing a new location on the map
* Mock Location - allows use of any Placemark to act as your current location
* Compass Mode - rotates map to face north instead of My Location arrow
* Images - import images for Markers, import Images with GPS Information as Markers and Placemarks, view images, select default image for new Placemarks, or delete images.
* Markers - Manage Placemarks by Marker, and filter for Main Map, Placemark list, and Export Placemarks.
* Navigation to selected Placemark with your navigation application.
* Search - input text with an address, landmark name, or latitude, longitude to search for a location to geodecode and Placemark.
* Search nearby - search nearby a Placemark location for keywords like "Pizza" or "Restaurant" and have them displayed.
* Routes - Display route to the selected Placemark on the map from your real or Mock location. Save route searches for later viewing.
* Street View - Google Street View for selected Placemark, if location is available and Google Street View is installed.
* Import/Export your Placemarks - Google Drive Fusion Tables, GPSMap GPS, Garmin CSV, Geocode GEO, Google Earth/Google Maps KML,GPS Exchange GPX files and TomTom ASCII
* Database Management - Import, Export or Reset the database of Placemarks, Markers, Images, Tracks, and Track Points.
* Android Integration
- Uses Google Maps search
- Uses Google Street View
- Google Earth for exported KML
- Uses Camera, Gallery, or a file management application to to import images for Markers
- Uses EXIF location information to import images as Markers and Placemarks
- Export Placemarks using a typed path, file management or email application
- Import Placemarks using a typed path, file management (GPS Map Pro)
- Other applications Share images to GPS Map/GPS Map Pro to import an image as a Ma
Last comments from Android Market
Cool! The highlighted last location with text color could match the flag.
This is one of the best GPS programs out there. Dev is making great improvements.Pro version well worth the money. Htc evo 2.2