0 ratings (0.000 average)
California Birds – A Field Guide to the Birds of California
Did you know the California Condor is the largest flying bird in North America with a wingspan of over nine feet? On your next trip to California, see this remarkable endangered species for yourself! Bring along your Audubon Birds California mobile app, and find out more fun facts! Identify over 475 species with in-depth descriptions, thousands of professional photographs, range maps, bird songs, and much more! Advanced search functions allow you to search birds by wing shape, locomotion, song type, song pattern, and likelihood by month. The app also includes detailed descriptions and visitor information on dozens of ‘Birding Hot Spots’ and other natural areas, and an overview of the region’s natural highlights. Take flight with Audubon Guides as you explore the Pacific Flyway. California is your next birding adventure!
• This app is optimized for Android Version 2.1+. Suggested minimum device CPU is 800 mhz. The App's 565 MB database installs directly to the SD card with Version 2.2+. With Version 2.1 the app database must be moved manually to the SD card through Settings.
• PLEASE NOTE: This app is not yet compatible for the honeycomb tablet.
All Guides Feature
*Feature availability varies by subject within the app – Not all apps have every feature.
• Fast and easy navigation
• Universal dashboard – allowing you to move back and forth between species information, personalized ‘Life Lists’ and ‘Sightings,’ search functions, and more
• State-of-the-art search functions:
o Browse by common name (first/last) and scientific name
o Search by multiple “Advanced Search” variables including size, shape, color, and State/Province by month
• Real time availability – No Internet connection required
• High-quality professional color photographs
• Authoritative In-depth descriptions of each species, family, and additional reference material – Including natural history, topic overview, and how-to explanations
• Species range maps with color key – Including wintering range maps for migratory birds
• High-quality audio songs and calls
• Similar species comparisons
• Ability to create your own ‘Life Lists,’ Sightings,’ and take photos of species – Record your personal field experiences
If it crawls, slithers, wiggles, flies, swims, bites, burrows, or hops, it can be found in one or more of the Audubon Nature Guides! Our apps have expanded the experience of technology and accessible information by fostering a global community based upon the idea of sharing information, education, and an active lifestyle. No longer is it necessary to carry bulky printed fields guides. What are you waiting for? Start exploring your world with Audubon Mobile Field Guides.
Audubon Guides are a comprehensive series of interactive digital field guides that combine smart phone technology with the Audubon Society’s vast library of information about nature, brought entirely up to date. All Apps are created in alliance with the National Audubon Society.
Visit Us Today!
We offer friendly customer service and will respond promptly. Please contact us with any issues at email@example.com.