28 ratings (3.571 average)
What's new in this version (2.5.0):
- Added support for Android Tablets
- Improved Stability & Performance
For a limited time: 4th of July sale to celebrate summer.
Download the app today for only $0.99! (Regular price $4.99)
An essential guide to 272 mammal species in the US and Canada.
Featuring comprehensive photos, range maps, and in-depth descriptions.
"Intuitiveness - this app is just so easy to navigate and it doesn't take any complicated effort to figure it out." - Robert Mortenson
• This app is optimized for Android Version 2.1+. Suggested minimum device CPU is 800 mhz. The App's 180+ MB database installs directly to the SD card with Version 2.2+. With Version 2.1 the app database must be moved manually to the SD card through Settings.
Audubon Mammals is your essential guide to mammals in the US and Canada. Created in affiliation with the National Audubon Society, Audubon Mammals features in-depth information on over 270 species.
★ UNPARALLELED CONTENT
• In-depth descriptions of every species, with authoritative information on appearance, habitat, behavior, and much more
• Beautiful color photographs detailing each species with extraordinary clarity.
• A large selection of Mammals sounds.
• Detailed range maps highlighting resident distribution.
• A comprehensive reference section, which includes detailed mammal natural history.
★ APP FUNCTIONS
• Identify with accuracy. Browse by shape, name (first, last, scientific), or by family
• Search by multiple “advanced search” variables including shape, size, region, color, and habitat
• Navigate back and forth between species information, personalized Life Lists and Sightings, search functions and more with ease and clarity.
• Record your field experiences using the Life List and Sighting features. Track a sighting using the device’s GPS, add notes, and save to the App for records of your nature adventures
• Join our online field guide community of nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts at AudubonGuides.com
• Read the blogs for insights from our naturalists in the field
• Send us your suggestions, comments or requests. We also welcome submissions of high quality photographs that might assist our users in identifying mammals. You can contact us directly by selecting "Feedback" in the "More" section of the application.