4 ratings (1.500 average)
California Wildflowers – A Field Guide to the Wildflowers of California
Did you know that certain wildflowers do not bloom until after a wildfire? Discover unique species, like the Fire Poppy, in the California chaparral and coastal scrub. Bring along your Audubon Wildflowers California mobile app, and get year-round information about buds in bloom! Identify over 750 species of flowers with in-depth descriptions about appearance, range, flowering, and habitat. Thousands of professional photographs, easy navigation, and advanced search functions make this app easy and fun for the whole family. Bring Audubon Wildflowers California on your next road trip or camping adventure to experience the beauty of California flora.
• This app is optimized for Android Version 2.1+. Suggested minimum device CPU is 800 mhz. The App's 565 MB database installs directly to the SD card with Version 2.2+. With Version 2.1 the app database must be moved manually to the SD card through Settings.
• PLEASE NOTE: This app is not yet compatible for the honeycomb tablet.
All Guides Feature
*Feature availability varies by subject within the app – Not all apps have every feature.
• Fast and easy navigation
• Universal dashboard – allowing you to move back and forth between species information, personalized ‘Life Lists’ and ‘Sightings,’ search functions, and more
• State-of-the-art search functions:
o Browse by common name (first/last) and scientific name
o Search by multiple “Advanced Search” variables including size, shape, color, and State/Province by month
• Real time availability – No Internet connection required
• High-quality professional color photographs
• Authoritative In-depth descriptions of each species, family, and additional reference material – Including natural history, topic overview, and how-to explanations
• Species range maps with color key – Including wintering range maps for migratory birds
• High-quality audio songs and calls
• Similar species comparisons
• Ability to create your own ‘Life Lists,’ Sightings,’ and take photos of species – Record your personal field experiences
If it crawls, slithers, wiggles, flies, swims, bites, burrows, or hops, it can be found in one or more of the Audubon Nature Guides! Our apps have expanded the experience of technology and accessible information by fostering a global community based upon the idea of sharing information, education, and an active lifestyle. No longer is it necessary to carry bulky printed fields guides. What are you waiting for? Start exploring your world with Audubon Mobile Field Guides.
Audubon Guides are a comprehensive series of interactive digital field guides that combine smart phone technology with the Audubon Society’s vast library of information about nature, brought entirely up to date. All Apps are created in alliance with the National Audubon Society.
Visit Us Today!
We offer friendly customer service and will respond promptly. Please contact us with any issues at email@example.com.