5141 ratings (4.496 average)
What's new in this version (4.5.3.00.142):
* New: backup/restore settings and text shortcuts to/from sdcard
* New: change space between keys
* Fixed reinstall issue
* Maintenance (bug fixes)
* new: Continuous Voice Recognition for Android 4.x
* Improved layouts for 7 inch tablets (eg Nexus 7)
* new: One-handed (thumb) operation keyboard
* new: Gesture support
* new keyboard shortcuts
FINAL DAY of our sale
ONLY FOR TODAY: extra 15% off, summing up to a amazing **65% discount**
"Thumb Keyboard takes customization to next level" (Laptop Magazine)
The popular stock keyboard replacement that allows you to type faster, smarter and more comfortable.
Thumb Keyboard for Android™ is a keyboard with many, advanced customization options that allows the user to adjust it to his or her preferences. This groundbreaking keyboard introduces a lot of innovations. Besides a standard layout it has a new (patent pending) "split" layout for tablets and phones that makes thumb typing more natural and comfortable. It also introduces a lot of useful and advanced functions that will improve your productivity and makes typing on your mobile device more fun.
SOME QUOTES FROM MAGAZINES AND AROUND THE INTERNET
#2 in this years (2012) top 10 "indispensable Android apps list" of ZDNet's TechRepublic
"Thumb Keyboard makes two handed typing a breeze" "An epic win for tablet typing" (Android Police)
"Thumb Keyboard – The First Universally Functional Keyboard" (Android Guys)
"Optimierte Layouts für Phone und Tablet - Test: GUT" (Android Magazin)
FLEXIBLE KEYBOARD LAYOUTS
• Full featured standard layouts
• Split layouts for tablets and large screen devices: Better accessible keys for thumb-typing on large and small tablets and 4"+ phones
• Special tailored layouts for phones, 5" 'phablets', 7" tablets and 9-10" tablets
• Option to select separate layouts for portrait and landscape
• One-handed operation mode for large-screen phones
No more unnatural stretching or juggling with your tablet or phone…
STATE OF THE ART KEYBOARD TECHNOLOGY
• Continuous Voice Recognition (Android 4.x): real time voice recognition using the latest Google Voice typing service
• Variable key spacing
• Long press symbols and characters (customizable)
• Keyboard shortcuts
• Text to speech feedback
• Voice input (Non Continuous for Android 2.2 and higher)
• Bigram word prediction (predict word based on previous word - for Android 2.3 and higher.)
• Swipe gesture support
• Adjustable keyclick volume
• User dictionary
• 3D "coverflow" theme browser with 25+ themes
• Option to change the long press symbols on the letter keys!
• Save much used phrases and enter with a touch of a button
• 25+ Themes
• Optional user customizable tool bar
• Height and width fully customizable (including separate elements)
• Change colors of keys, font etc.
• Customizable background (choose your own image)
• Full color customization!
German (with special QWERTZ keyboard ánd special german keyboard)
French (with support AZERTY)
Spanish (with modern Spanish keyboard layout)
Russian (with cyrillic keyboard)
• All special keyboards are also available as special (split) keyboards.
• Possibility to change the long press symbols by special international characters!! Directly enter your typical language letters with a simple long press.
EXPLANATION OF PERMISSIONS:
- The record audio permission is needed for Voice input
- The internet a
Last comments from Android Market
Good start. Needs configurable keyboard size for different devices. Keys slightly too big and far apart on galaxy tab. Also transparency would be nice
Brilliant! Thank you. I have given this 5 stars as it now plays nice with keyboard manager again :)
Dev/product is FANTASTIC. I was personally e-mailed just now to inform me that a fix to an issue I had e-mailed him about was addressed in the update.
The best keyboard for my Dell Streak.
I've been looking for a keyboard with a split layout since I got my Galaxy Tab. It'll take a bit of getting used to due to the small keys.
Perfect for my Streak!
Wasn't quite what I was expecting but I think it performs better than I initially thought it would on my Dell Streak.
With text prediction is now my favorite keyboard on galaxy tab
Using this on my dell streak and loving it. Love having the cursor arrows back! This is a must have.
I installed this and it did not work on my Drioid 2.