172 ratings (4.169 average)
What's new in this version (4.96):
* Added 100 grammar exercises, so almost all grammar topics are covered by exercises now.
* Made it possible to practice "previous errors"(this only works for errors made in reports that are saved with this version in; it won't work for errors made for reports saved in previous versions of the app)
* Added some image vocabulary exercises.
* Fixed a problem which caused displays to flicker on certain devices.
* Made it possible to
Gain a mastery of French!
French Class contains a complete offline French course, offering both written content and audio, together with interactive verb, vocabulary, grammar and listening exercises.
Great support when you learn French. Easy to practice your verb conjugations, vocabulary, grammar and phrases with.
In this demo, only the first semester is available:
* Tenses: Present, Gerund, Participle
* 300 words
* Basic grammar
* 30 useful phrases
And the following features:
* Highly customizable exercises on all of the above, with a fun awards system which makes practicing fun, with separate awards for the vocabulary, verbs, grammar, listening and speaking exercises.
* Keeping track of your progress by saving statistics and summaries of all done exercises, together with errors made.
The fun of this demo lies in its fun, addictive and useful exercises.
The full version comes with tons of content, while the content of this demo is rather limited.
The app also contains a fun speaking exercise, which should not be taken very seriously as it is now Also, although basic voices are included, it is also possible to enable additional higher quality voices from within the app, but these have to be bought first from the third party company Svox.
If you are serious about learning French, please give this demo a try.
We believe in a long term strategy for this app and customer feedback is very important to us. If there is something you do not like, please contact us at our developer email instead of giving us a 1 star rating. If you give us a 1 star rating, we do not even get your details so we cannot contact you back to solve the problem. If you contact us with a remark or problem and we fail to help you within a few days/weeks, depending on the severity of the problem, we understand that you give us a bad rating.
Also, if your audio sounds way off, please read http://www.ceardannan.com/products/android-language-classes-text-to-speech.
* Writing exercises: the word, verb and grammar exercises will get a “writing” instead of multiple choice option, which will present the user with a textbox to type in instead of the multiple choice questions, for a bit more of a challenge.
* Image exercises, such as on clock times.
* Making it possible to add your own words and phrases to the app through http://www.languageshq.com.
Last comments from Android Market
If don't know any French, I don't recommend it.
Good practice when I'm bored in study hall with french next block.
I wish I could give zero stars. Sucks! Does not teach. just gives translations. Better off renting a French text book from the library