986 ratings (4.408 average)
What's new in this version (2.2):
- Trackback function.
- Track point information: time, altitude and distance.
- View GPX track in other apps.
- Play GPX track in Google Earth.
- Fixed problems with displaying long tracks.
Support for SQLite atlases
Create any map with Mobile Atlas Creator and copy resulting .sqlitedb file to maverick/maps folder. Just use Big Planet Tracks or RMaps SQLite format.
Atlas can be used with any online map source or t
Use offline maps and GPS even without an internet connection. This app is great for hiking, boating, geocaching and other outdoor activities.
• Multiple global and regional online maps, including: Bing, Yandex, Open Street Maps, OSM Cycle, OSM Public Transport, Multimap, OS Explorer, Ordnance Survey (UK), OutdoorActive (Germany, Austria, South Tyrol), Cykloatlas, HikeBikeMap (Germany), Open Piste Map, NearMap (Australia) and many other maps.
All maps automatically cached for offline use. Use Mobile Atlas Creator to download maps or MAPC2MAPC to convert maps from other formats.
Since version 2.0 you can add custom map servers.
• Share your current or planned position
You can send address, GPS coordinates, link to Google Maps and even map image.
• Navigate easily
Build-in radar shows the direction, distance and estimated time to a point of interest. See all the nearest locations from FourSquare and Footprints.
• Find your way back
Trackback function will guide you along a previously recorded track with compass pointing to a nearest point. A new track can be recorded at the same time.
• Challenge yourself
Turn on Trackback and timer to watch your previous position correlated with the current time on track.
• Save places you visit
All waypoint stored in KML file and can be viewed and edited in Google Earth.
• Record tracks with single tap
Tracks are recorded in GPX format and can be viewed in Google Earth and other software. Share GPX files via email or DropBox.
• Upload tracks to GPSies
Free account is required for uploading.
• Trip Computer
Watch speed, altitude, pitch and many other values.
• Support for Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich.
• Ability to use barometer sensor in Galaxy Nexus and other devices.
Only in Pro version:
• Trackback feature
• Unlimited waypoints and tracks
• Multiple files with waypoints
• Lock compass to bearing
• UTM and OSGB grids
• Custom map servers
• FourSquare and Wikipedia support
Last comments from Android Market
Good for offline maps and recording tracks but does not seem to support route navigation well.
Loving the map caching, worth every penny
It's good but would like better help and how-to's. Plus changelog with instructions perhaps!
The best app I found for my trekking activities
Its a great program. It seemed to work better on my moto Droid than it does on my HTC incredible. Great features, worth the price.
Love the addition of Open Piste Map. Great app, has put my initial offering to shame.
Finally, with App2SD!!
Dev can you make a track back option,so I could follow my same trail out of the woods on the compass view. even toggle tracks on/off n compass view.
SQLite support pleeease! 5* if you implement it
Had the old version, got a refund from the dev thru email, & everything is good... @danny: don't be a tard...