858 ratings (4.577 average)
What's new in this version (1.5.2):
Tweak the backend communication to reduce errors that make the app think the backend is unavailable.
Word Weasel is a fast word game where you find as many words as you can from 9 letters in 50 seconds. Compete with everyone else playing at the same time, a new game starts every minute!
"The most fun you can have on your own with 9 random letters. Brilliantly simple, devilishly addictive."
--Kim, Android Market comment
Ad supported, with ability to upgrade to ad-free full version in game.
Uses the SOWPODS word list containing 100,000+ words. They may be obscure, but yes those are words!
- Tweak backend communication for more robust multiplayer games.
- Fixed a rounding problem where top ratings stalled at 99.1.
- Optionally capitalize letters.
- Optionally make clear behave like backspace, hold will still clear.
- Accept keyboard input where available.
- Warn if trying to use the same word twice, can disable via options.
- Fix a ratings bug.
- Optimize tablet display.
- Optionally shake the device to shuffle letters.
- Use a simpler, more responsive rating system.
- Add a rating, tracking performance over time. View top rated players!
- Leaderboard of high scorers for each round.
- Optional offline play to reduce network use (free version still loads ads).
- Switch to a more compact dictionary model for a smaller app.
- Show all possible words using the given letters.
- Improve letter diversity (no more games with four 'A's).
Last comments from Android Market
Fun Game! Great replay value. Developer is very responsive to suggestions.
Could be really good casual game, but there's no incentive to keep playing: need leaderboards, highscores, challenges, etc.
Excellent game. Nonintrusive ad, nifty music.
Very quick games, love the multiplayer!
It is, quite simply, the best weasel-related word game of all time.
Not bad but fake.
I think implementing a ranking system would add a little more replay value.
Best android game ever. Look out for jalanforsy. As Morbo says, I will destroy you! A million times better now that we have usernames!