307 ratings (3.264 average)
What's new in this version (3.0.678.1):
- Completely optimized user interface now supporting Android 4.0
- Auto uploading and downloading of files
- Improved preview feature
- Copy text to the clipboard and paste directly as a text file to Workplace
- Test page printing
Cortado Workplace offers a free cloud desktop for every type of device. Access your files from anywhere at any time and move them between different devices. Thanks to the Cortado Workplace app you can work on the go just as on your desktop computer.
As a basis for the Cortado solution you receive 2 GB cloud storage for free (which you can increase at anytime).
☆ Stay flexible: Access your documents and other files at anytime with your smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac
☆ Complete mobility: View, edit and print your documents on the go
☆ Get the best of both worlds: Cortado Workplace combines local Android resources with cloud desktop functions adapted for your Android device
FEATURES FOR Android:
• Access your files in the cloud anytime, anywhere
• Manage files with traditional desktop-functions such as copy, paste and delete
• Open and edit documents in other programs such as Quickoffice or Documents To Go
• Save documents from other programs to your Workplace account (no upload limit)
• Use the cloud printing feature to print your documents to almost every printer – no need to even turn on the computer
• Web Capture: Save websites locally on your smartphone and read them offline also
USE CORTADO WORKPLACE WITH A MAC OR PC:
• Via the Cortado HTML5 Client, you can easily access your files in the cloud from a web browser, without needing to install any additional software or plug-ins. Contents can therefore be conveniently uploaded and managed, documents displayed as a data-optimized file preview, exported as PDF or forwarded via e-mail. (Requires an HTML5 desktop browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer from version 9.)
• Connect your Workplace storage as a cloud-drive to your PC. Then you can easily access your Workplace account using your file explorer, copy documents via drag and drop between different drives and save them directly to Workplace.
NOTES ON PERMISSIONS
In order to use the Cortado Workplace app, certain permissions must be granted to Cortado. We would like to list why these are required:
• Read Mails: Required so that Mail attachments can be opened, displayed and then printed.
• Personal information: Required for viewing e-mail contacts.
• Network communication: Is required so the Workplace client can access the WLAN and connect with the Cortado servers.
• Phone calls: Required to fully identify your device.
• Memory: This permission is required to save, move, or delete files, not only in the cloud, but also on your Android device.
• System Tools: Required in order to print via Bluetooth.
Not an Android market app user? Try this link: www.cortado.com/android-app
View a short video about Cortado Workplace at our website: www.cortado.com/workplace
For more information about cloud printing visit: www.cloud-printing-alliance.com
Last comments from Android Market
need to update dell printers. Dell p713w driver needed.
Works great with mytouch 4g and hp printer
Absolute junk. Coulnt find any wifi printers and then froze my captivate for the entire day I had it installed.
Junk. I am not agreeing to get spam, give my address book list, or sign into a service to print. Bad app.
Very good as can open email attachments on my Desire then print.. have noticed that docs print slightly squint...
Great app. It works perfect, HP All in one officejet pro 7930.
Great app except for the WiFi printing need Canon MP560 support please
Mr Merlin (*****)
Does what it says, works good and the 'price' is right. Epson workforce 600 on a wireless private network.
Great app. Works fine with Lexmark & HP printers.
Works very well with my Galaxy S.