66 ratings (4.258 average)
What's new in this version (126.96.36.199):
- fixed force close issue due to bad db download url
- updated database (including Rock Island line)
- ads now appear consistently across the bottom of the app
- update has broken geolocation features, they are disabled for now, sorry
*UPDATE* New database now updated for Rock Island schedule changes!!
Carry the Chicago Metra in your pocket!
Rail-Hopper is an offline database of all Metra lines, stations and timetables. Easily look up when the next train will arrive and when it will reach its destination.
- Nearby stations locator
- Service alerts from Metra
- Google Map of all stations
- Station details for all 235 Metra stations
- Offline database for always-on access
- Database updates manually or automatically, you pick
- Add stations or lines to your favorites for convenience
- Search over the entire Metra system for your station or line
Comments, feature requests? Send to email@example.com
Follow @railhopper on Twitter for alerts on database releases and development progress
Last comments from Android Market
Works great, and the timetables are accurate. Five stars. Galaxy S Fascinate.
Nice App, well thought out.
Had a problem when I first started using it, but the developer responded quickly and fixed it!
Nice! Rail map next?
I would like this program to tell me how it will be updated, or when the next change in schedule is expected. Simple and excellent program for my G2
Wanted to like this BUT... It has lots of good features but why-oh-why has the developer decided to described what the Metra refers to as "INBOUND" trains (trains IN to Chicago) as "OUT" -- and vice versa?
I've checked out a few other Metra apps and now I've stopped looking, this one has it all and it the interface is very slick.
Great!!!just what im been waiting for...