60 ratings (2.567 average)
What's new in this version (1.2):
Version 1.2 FIXES ALL REPORTED BUGS and ISSUES to date and takes the application from BETA to LIVE! The application now runs perfectly across all devices with far superior/optimized resource consumption. No more latency, black screens, or checking application delays. THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR BETA USERS FOR PROVIDING FEEDBACK AND GETTING US TO THE LIVE VERSION! In the event of any unreported issues, please provide your phone model in future feedback and
Fully control what applications and functionality your kids or anyone else (employees, friends, etc...) can access on any Android device. GREAT FOR PHONES AND TABLETS!
Simply select approved apps from a list of all applications installed on the device and load them into a secure home screen that cannot be exited without password entry and only permits access to the designated apps/functions.
The KidZone Lite version is FREE; HOWEVER, users can ONLY put ONE application in KidZone Lite at a time, while the full KidZone version has no such limitation.
Based on your preferences, KidZone can prevent users from viewing, altering, or deleting any apps, photos, messages, contacts, and calendar details. KidZone also lets you choose to prevent interaction with any advertisements and prevent Android Market purchases. KidZone can also be used in Kid Camera Mode, Phone Only Mode, and Answer Calls Only Mode (details on www.kidzoneapp.com).
1. KidZone works on all Android devices and supports Android versions 1.6 to 2.3 or Gingerbread
2. KidZone lets users choose to allow incoming calls, require password entry to answer incoming calls, or route incoming calls directly to voicemail.
3. Users can choose to hide or display incoming SMS notifications.
4. Users can only exit KidZone by pressing the exit icon and entering the password they created.
5. Kids or anyone else using the device will not able to exit KidZone by pressing the home screen button, turning the device off/on, or even by rebooting the device.
6. KidZone prevents accidental alteration or deletion of apps, photos, messages, contacts, and calendar details.
7. Parents may also install KidZone on their child's phone to control what they can do while at school or anywhere else.
8. KidZone allows users to disable interaction with advertisements by simply excluding the Web Browser application from KidZone approved apps.
9. KidZone prevents unauthorized purchases by simply excluding the Android Market application from KidZone approved apps.
10. KidZone prevents deleted photos, while allowing children to use the device camera or camcorder. Simply do not add the Gallery application to KidZone, and children/users will only be able to interact with the photos or videos they take.
Last comments from Android Market
Best Buy (*****)
This version is great. Great app!
Soooo useful! Only allows one app in free version but works great! Droid X
Roman Perimov (*****)
Bugs seem to be fixed. Works ok, but my 10yo son cracked by battery remove&res.Suggest a timer to let e.g. 30 min play in bed before lock for sleep
This app essentially bricked my phone. Each time I attempted to exit the app, it would force close, and leave me trapped in KidZone.
Has potential, but force close at sms screen on my backflip
Application locked my phone in"kid mode" every time I would try to exit it would force close and push me back to the locked screen.
Seems like they fixed whatever bugs they had. Runs great on my evo.
Wouldn't allow phone calls even after exiting program. Had to uninstall to make a phone call.
Great app on HTC aria, just follow prompt in setup to clear default launcher...