112 ratings (3.813 average)
What's new in this version (3.0):
FIXED: Tweaked the bluetooth and wired headphones compatibility. Should work with more devices now! If it doesn't, it's your device that doesn't support A2DP or follows Android's guidelines on detecting headphones/bluetooth availability. Try a different device! :(
FIXED: misc. bugs.
An application that gives you the name of who is calling/texting you right now, without you having to look at the screen.
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS RUNNING THE APPLICATION, JUST DROP ME AN EMAIL AT ME@DENZILFERREIRA.COM WITH SUBJECT: CALLER NAME. I CAN'T REPLY OR HELP YOU IF YOU JUST USE THE COMMENTS IN GOOGLE MARKET!!!
ATTENTION: Facebook doesn't allow access to the profile pictures on the contacts because they failed to follow the Android standards (complain to them!). If you want pictures to show on the contact list, set the picture on your Google Contacts.
- It won't lower the ringtone.
- It won't respect your sound profile. BUT you can use the widget to disable the caller name for convenience! (So that people don't complain about the phone talking while on a meeting).
- Will not let you know about messages received.
- Ads are displayed on the application.
- After each call, the phone will advertise Caller Name.
- Voice on Bluetooth A2DP headsets and wired headphones.
- Lowers ringtone after two seconds to say name aloud.
- Says who just texted you.
- Respects your sound profile, so no speaking if your phone is set to vibrate only/silent.
- Widget to disable call/text name without changing sound profiles.
- Selective call/text speech aloud on visible contacts on your phone.
- Type or speech to filter contacts using Google Voice Recognition.
- Letter-based filter for contacts.
- Swipe to toggle between search and contact list.
- No ads at all.
How to use the widget?
Press-and-hold your finger on an empty space on the phone's main screen. Select Widgets and then Caller Name. That will add a new icon on the phone's main screen. You can use it to toggle the talk aloud functionality ON/OFF without changing your phone's ringtone volume (it automatically turns OFF is set to vibrate/silence).
If any problems, please JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL, I can better keep track of those than comments on the MarketPlace! Giving a bad review doesn't help me fix anything...
Thank YOU for the bug reports, they are extremely useful to improve the application's functionality. Before giving a bad review, please drop me an email so I can investigate what could possibly be wrong.
Thank YOU for the suggestions, they really help improving the application!
RECEIVE_SMS: so that I can know that you got an SMS/MMS.
READ_PHONE_STATE: so I can know if there is an incoming call.
READ_CONTACTS: just to read the name of who is calling.
BILLING: for the Pro upgrade in the Google Market.
INTERNET: for communication to Market place and ads on the free version.
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: required to check if you do have internet or not on your phone.
MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Smooth the speak aloud on the Pro version by reducing automatically the ringtone volume. Set the voice volume higher on the free version.
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: To keep the selective contacts information. It persists even if you update to a newer version in the future!
SEO Keywords: call assistant, in call voice, caller name, personal, add on, accessibility, driving assistant, hands free, message sender, texting, voice search, contact list, bluetooth, handsfree, caller id, text sender