1635578 ratings (4.641 average)
What's new in this version (4.9.2):
* Added support for Android 4.2's Lock Screen widgets
* Fixed Toshiba AT200
* Fixed Panasonic Eluga
Flashlight app for your device! Incredibly simple and yet very useful flashlight application. Will use your device's camera LED / flash / screen as a torch.
Tiny Flashlight is currently the best led flashlight app on the Android Market, because:
- It supports the widest range of devices with camera flashlight (led flash)
- It's also the brightest flashlight / torch, because of the camera flashlight, which emits very intense light in the dark.
- Has different widgets to choose from
- Has great and diverse screen lights
- Has the best flashlight support
- The best tablet app
- Free of Charge
* Camera LED flashlight - Uses your phone's camera flashlight to emit bright light. Note that some devices don't have a camera flashlight. In this case the led flashlight option will be disabled, but you can still use one of the screen lights.
* Screen Light - This is the basic white screen flashlight, which is bright enough for daily use. You can use it as your primary flashlight option in case your device doesn't have a camera flashlight or you want to save the battery.
* Warning Lights, Police Lights, Color Flashlight, Strobe Flashlight, Morse Code, Text to Morse, Manual Morse Code, Camera Light - Different light sources, which may be useful in many situations. You can change the brightness and the colors.
The Best Free Flashlight app when you need reliability, functionality, and lights diversity
CAUTION: Strobe lighting can trigger seizures in photosensitive epilepsy!
Flashlight Widget and Lock Screen widgets:
Tiny Flashlight is one of the few applications on the android market, which is free and has different widgets to choose from when the device has an option for a led flashlight. Also, Tiny Flashlight supports the newly added lockscreen widgets in Android 4.2 and later.
Why Tiny Flashlight needs so many permissions and how are they used:
* TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEOS (CAMERA flashlight)
- In order to start the camera flashlight on some devices, Tiny Flashlight has to use a small part of the camera hardware and it needs this permission. Don't worry, I'm not taking any pictures or videos without your permission. Tiny Flashlight is just accessing the camera LED / flash.
* CONTROL FLASH LIGHT
- This is the old method of accessing the camera flashlight on Android 1.5 and 1.6.
*** As you know, Tiny Flashlight is free, but also is one of the best supported apps on the Android Market. Currently, this is the only app that supports almost all devices with camera flashlight and fully supports all versions of Android (1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 3.0, 4.0). This takes huge amounts of time and effort and in order for Tiny Flashlight to remain the best flashlight on the market, I have to use ads inside it.
The following permissions are required by Google's own ad provider (Admob) and Millennial Media (the biggest independent ad network). Both are respected industry leaders.
- Used to load ad info from their servers. Nothing more.
* READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY
- Some Motorola devices have factory bugs. These devices don't have unique IDs and this became a problem for ad networks, because
Last comments from Android Market
Works as advertised. I can get my camera flash and my screen to light up. Motorola M1.
On the moment how do you turn the brightness down?
Best one. Uses the camera flash on moment. No others did.
Great app. Plenty of features and settings.
Brilliant app, brill substitute for a torch u canna find
works like a champ!! Samsung epic love the ui
Excellent app for the LED alone. But a word to the wise - don't get in trouble with the police light, impersonating an officer is a serious crime
Works great on my dell streak using the phone led as a tourch
very useful especially the widget makes it a lot simpler epic 4G
Great fun but also very useful.