701 ratings (3.899 average)
What's new in this version (3.2):
- vertical scroll
- landscape mode is now configured from app settings
- minor fixes
This application has the following features:
1. Talking device - write text and click on Play button, TTS engine will generate voice from text.
2. Talking ringtone - write text and choose 'Set as ringtone&alarm' from the menu, TTS engine will generate a voice ringtone. It will be available as a 'SpeakIt' ringtone in the default ringtones' location and as an alarm sound.
3. Talking fast button on the Home Screen - write text and choose 'Save on Home Screen widget'. This could be used by deaf to save an urgent warning/message on Home Screen and play it by just taking the phone out of the pocket and pressing the button. It takes a couple of seconds to do this.
4. Timer talk - write text and choose 'Start timer'. Voice message will be played when the countdown reaches zero. You can change the countdown value in Settings. This could be used for pranks.
5. Different voice talk - change voice pitch to low, normal or high.
6. Talking notification - write text and choose 'Set as notification' from the menu. It will be available as a 'Speak It' notification sound.
7. Speaking SMS messages aloud - start Speak It SMS service to read aloud all incoming SMS messages.
8. Adjust sound volume with the device's media volume button.
Requires Android version 1.6 and higher.
The application must be installed on the internal device storage only since it contains a Home Screen widget and a Service. Cannot move to SD card.
The following languages are currently supported:
- English (American and British accents)
Last comments from Android Market
On my SGSCaptivate the settings for the app will not open and so I can't slow down the spoken speed. Lame.
Acapela has the best voices in the world!!! Their voices are coming to android next year. Those voices are as realistic as a human voice!!!
Not only great for hearing impaired, but great for kids learning spelling words or speech.
Yozen Balki! (*)
Not a bit working. Why? Any upgrading is going on.... So bad my friend!
Just a crap nothing else.
Useless for the deaf, but great for the illiterate.
Very useful for deaf people! Works well.
Wish it spoke clearer.. hard to understand sometimes & mispronounces sometimes.