222910 ratings (4.584 average)
What's new in this version (3.1):
Misc. bug fixes
Audio pronunciation volume
Top-rated #1 Android dictionary app, with trusted reference content from Dictionary.com & Thesaurus.com!
★ Time Magazine ‘Top 10 Back-To-School App’, ‘Top 10 App’ High School Survival Guide, Winner: CNET Top 100 Mobile App Award★
Note: For an ad-free experience, please install the Dictionary.com Premium app.
* English Dictionary and Thesaurus - over 2,000,000 definitions, synonyms & antonyms
* Audio pronunciation
* Voice search
* Example sentences
* Idioms & phrases
* Word origin & history
* Favorite words
* Search history
* Spelling suggestions
* Popular & local trending searches
* Daily content, including Word of the Day & The Hot Word
* Medical, legal & financial content
* Abbreviations, acronyms & slang content
* Home-screen widget
* Full landscape orientation support
* Compatible with tablet devices
Last comments from Android Market
Mr Armofucker (****)
Great, but downside requires constant connection to look up words.
I use this app all the time the only problem is sometimes when I search the word of the day it tells me the word doesn't exist or is misspelled
If anyone is trying to find hot girls or guys in your area check out DroidSingles.Info I meet someone new to hang out with on there every night!
Good, very useful! G1
It would be perfect if it had translating feature as the one on internet :(
Great app!! Recommend!
Our brains have the ability to remember everything.