15565 ratings (4.294 average)
What's new in this version (5.0):
1. Added ASIA and QURAN to Webster's dictionary.
2. Fixed some bugs related to achievement detection.
3. Keep the "Submitted words" list to a limited length (to save out-of-memory errors in long games).
Dropwords is word-finding puzzle that combines some elements of Scrabble and Boggle. Valid words boost your score and the dwindling timer; used letters disappear and new ones drop from above.
The game includes six game modes: Normal, Hard, Lightning, Blocker, Relax and Untimed. Whether you just want to relax, or are looking for something challenging, there's a game mode that will suit you.
The game offers three dictionaries:
1. Scrabble: contains all the 2-to-8-letter words from the SOWPODS list of Scrabble competition words. This amounts to 114575 words, including both US and UK spellings. Because this is a Scrabble dictionary, proper nouns like "June" or "Rome" are not included. Plurals are included.
2. Webster's: based on the Webster's New International Dictionary, 2nd Edition, this contains 87416 2-to-8-letter words. Includes some proper nouns, but not plurals or Scrabble-specific words (such as my own favourite, "QI"!). I have added certain words that seemed to be missing in error: BOX, HAS, KID, NEAR.
3. Both! The combination of the Scrabble and Webster's dictionaries, comprising 153136 words. This is the dictionary used by default.
You can switch dictionary via the game's Options dialog.
Includes optional access to PapayaMobile's social network, global leaderboards, and achievements!
* Note to Samsung Galaxy S2 owners: there is a known fault with this dual-core phone where sound playback can cause crashes and/or freezes. Please ensure the game's "Mute sound" option is ticked (in the Options dialog, accessible from the highscores screen). *
1. Make the Save Game/Abandon Current Game sequence slicker by allowing the player to just press "Back" to auto-save and drop back to the highscores screen.
2. Get the game to auto-save when it gets backgrounded (by the player switching tasks/taking a call).
3. More themes.
4. "Undo" option.
5. "Bomb Drop" game mode.
Please feel free to e-mail me with any bug reports, requests, or questions!
Last comments from Android Market
It get hella boring after awhile.
It would be nice to see the letters of the word you are making and a list of words previously made..Ads take up too much room. Made up words
This game is awesome and addictive! And it's borderline educational! Love it.
A lot of the words are fakee . hah but heey i get more points d:
Good game for killing time.
Love this game
Fun fun fun! Ascend
Way too many fake words accepted (I keep finding them by accident).
Really fun but most of the "words" i submit are made up and are accepted anyway...