57 ratings (4.632 average)
What's new in this version (1.02):
- Optimized map-behaviour when returning
- Optimized navigation through POIs
- Few minor bug fixes
The Berlin Wall divided East and West for 28 years, two months and 28 days. It cut the city in two, ran through buildings, interrupted streets and tore apart families, friends and couples. But where exactly did the Wall run? The app 'The Berlin Wall' gives a detailed answer. An interactive map in the app shows the exact location of the Wall. Photos, audio clips and texts can be called up for sites of historical importance. The app can be used as an interactive travel guide or as a source of general information.
- map showing the location of the Wall and sites of interest
- suggestions for Wall tours
- directions to find sites of interest
- public transport connections
The app is based on the website chronik-der-mauer.de and is a joint project by the Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung, Deutschlandradio and the Zentrum für Zeithistorische Forschung Potsdam e.V. "The Berlin Wall" was awarded with the "Politikaward 2011", "digita 2012" and the "Comenius-EduMedia-Siegel 2012".