21 ratings (3.905 average)
What's new in this version (1.8):
- Added "battery" and "paste" commands.
- Added battery low events.
Bug reports and feature requests are welcome.
This application lets you control your android phone through your google chat and receive notifications about sms, incoming call, low battery level etc.
Simply install it on your device, register it with the server and accept the new google talk friend (myandroidbot). For more detailed instructions see below:
It has the following commands:
battery - Report your phones current battery level
dial <name-or-number> - Dial to a contact or a number
gpson (<secs>) - Enable gps for <secs> seconds (default 60)
lookup <part-of-name> - Lookup contact
number <part-of-name-or-id> - Get default number for contact-id
open <url> - Open an url
paste <some text> - Paste some text into the phones paste buffer.
pingp - Ping your phone to verify that it is alive.
ring - Unmute and start ringing
sms <name-or-number> <message> - Send sms to someone
stop - Stop ringing
where - Report location (coordinates and link to google maps)
whohas - Lookup name from number
sms Father I'll Be right there
To get started:
1) Login to your gmail on your computer and make sure your chat is enabled.
2) Install the application and enter settings, enable the features you want and enter your FULL email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3) Press back (from settings) and click "Register", the application will now pop back up in a few seconds with a message that registration succeeded. You should also get a google chat invite and message on your computer.
4) Start by typing "help" in your google chat.