27 ratings (2.556 average)
What's new in this version (2.0):
- "Powered by Geocaching Live"
- Search caches around location or address
- Filter out your finds
- Search for specific types of caches
- Improved look
- More info in e-mail backup
- Floating point support in all formula's
GCBuddy; the ultimate tool for the serious geocacher when solving multi-caches. This app will remember every clue found and will calculate any derived clue or new waypoint for you. The final cache formula will be evaluated the moment all clues are found and entered.
"Powered by Geocaching Live"
GCBuddy now uses a direct 'live' connection to the database containing all geocaches of geocaching.com.
Basic members: READ THE FOLLOWING:
- Basic members have a fixed filter on "Traditionals only" when searching for caches. This is enforced by Geocaching Live!
- If you know the geocaching code(s), enter each code in the first search screen after "I know the code" and download the full description of that cache which includes ALL information like size, difficulty, terrain, description and all predefined waypoints! Note that this can be done for caches of ANY type, not just the traditionals!
- Basic members can perform such a full download for 3 full caches / 24 hr period. This is enforced by Geocaching Live. After these 3 full caches you can still download caches to GCBuddy but these downloads only contain BASIC information (without full description and waypoint list). However, you can always make that cache up-to-date by performing a full download at a later moment.
- Premium members can download the full details for up to 6000 caches per day, view all cache types in your area, and access many more benefits.
A suggestion for improvement or any other comment is welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last comments from Android Market
Supports the 'workflow' when solving a multi-cache extremely well! No more wet notes and separate calculator.