361 ratings (4.280 average)
What's new in this version (4.2):
* Fix new FC issues
* New Applications command to see or start installed applications
* New Text To Speech command
* Command "wappend" & "wsend" to add text as a virtual keyboard and validate the field
* New UI with Holo theme
Full change log on http://code.google.com/p/gtalksms/source/browse/Changelog
Control your phone through GTalk / XMPP.
Note: GTalkSMS is not a chat client, its a service on your android phone that connects to GTalk/XMPP and waits for special commands and informs a GTalk/XMPP account about new SMS Messages / Incoming Calls / Battery State / etc.
* Start the application remotely by sending a SMS with "GTalkSMS" body then locate your phone, erase data or take photo if your phone has been stolen.
* Receive and send SMS from a GTalk/XMPP conversation.
* Search for :
- contacts from GMail or Exchange,
- old SMS,
- call logs.
* Start GMap, Google Street view or Google navigation from an address entered in a GTalk/XMPP conversation.
* Copy text to android clipboard or text boxes from your PC with a real keyboard.
* Get your Android phone clipboard.
* Execute shell commands.
* Receive notifications from incoming SMS or incoming calls.
* Dial a contact on your phone.
* Mark SMS as read.
* Make your phone ring.
* Make your phone send you geolocalization links (GMap links) to track down your phone.
Widget and a notification icon are also available.
For setup instructions go to the project page http://code.google.com/p/gtalksms
For Tasker / Locale integration visit http://code.google.com/p/gtalksms/wiki/PublicActions
If you need help or have some suggestions, you are welcome to post in gtalksms-users group (http://groups.google.com/group/gtalksms-users).
Please DON'T use the Android Market comment function for such things.
Sometimes Jabber doesn't work. It's mostly due to the Jabber server, then please don't blame GTalkSMS.
If you like this application, consider buying the donate version.
Last comments from Android Market
Very useful app, you can quick start it through widget, it sends you msg on chat... and you are ready to use it. Send sms, read sms... HTC Desire
Richard Moe (*****)
Thanks. A really nice and useful app. Sending sms via ichat on a mac world great.
Great app! Thanks, please keep updating and keeping it free!
Great app. Its very useful for people who use trillian or pidgin
Great app! Really useful since I spend alot of time on my desk logged into gchat. Connects and works fine. Vibrant, 2.2
Does not Connect.
I'm having trouble with long multipart texts. Only the first bit is getting through. The delivery notifications are inaccurate. Great concept though!
kiew an (*****)
Excellent app! I am going to donate! Many thanks !
u know (*****)
Awesome keep up the good work
Stops working when left for a few hours. Have to hit widget again to get it to connect again.