28 ratings (4.714 average)
What's new in this version (2.0):
Donate version becomes a key. You have to install free version too.
Install also the free version.
This one is only a key to remove ads!
Control your phone through GTalk / XMPP (Jabber)
Note: GTalkSMS is not a chat client, its a service on your android phone that connects to GTalk/XMPP and waits for special commands and informs a GTalk/XMPP account about new SMS Messages / Incoming Calls / Battery State / etc.
* Receive and send SMS from a GTalk/XMPP conversation.
* Search for :
- contacts from GMail or Exchange,
- old SMS,
- call logs.
* Start GMap, Google Street view or Google navigation from an address entered in a GTalk/XMPP conversation.
* Copy text to android clipboard or text boxes from your PC with a real keyboard.
* Get your Android phone clipboard.
* Execute shell commands.
* Receive notifications from incoming SMS or incoming calls.
* Dial a contact on your phone.
* Mark SMS as read.
* Make your phone ring.
* Make your phone send you geolocalization links (GMap links) to track down your phone.
Widget and a notification icon are also available.
For setup instructions go to the project page http://code.google.com/p/gtalksms
For Tasker / Locale integration visit http://code.google.com/p/gtalksms/wiki/PublicActions
If you need help or have some suggestions, you are welcome to post in gtalksms-users group (http://groups.google.com/group/gtalksms-users).
Please DON'T use the Android Market comment function for such things.
Last comments from Android Market
Most useful app on Android!
BRILLIANT! Definitely worth donating, working perfectly on my rooted desire running cyanogen and soo useful!
BRILLIANT! Definitely worth donating, working perfectly on my rooted desire running cyanogen and very useful!
Saad Malik (*****)
Great App Since Version 2.0 this Donate App is just a Key to remove the Ads/Donate Button from the free Version. This Donate App leaves no icon or other traces, just install this App and the free Version.
Please merge the key with the free app so we only have one instance of gtalksms.