1464 ratings (3.730 average)
What's new in this version (4.18):
We just fixed some small bugs, added some new Ebook types and settings, and we increased the limit of free conversions to 2!
Also a lot of new features!!
Share converted files over the web (app will temporarily act as a webserver
Upload to a FTP, SMB/CIF (NAS) or WebDAV server
Upload from the app to Dropbox
Upload to your own server with HTTP POST
If you want to remove the limitation of two conversions please buy the paid version!
With File Converter you can convert almost all your files! Convert files to Archives, Audio, Documents, Ebooks, Images or Videos!
This is the free version of File Converter and only allows you to convert 2 files! For unlimited conversions buy the FULL File Converter!
Please don't start posting reviews that the app only allows two conversions, every conversion costs us money. If you cannot convert a file, need help or have a question you can always contact us.
**END READ THIS**
The converting will be accomplished by uploading your file to the cloud where it will be converted. Afterwards it will be downloaded back to your phone and the source and converted file will be deleted from our server. While the file is being uploaded, processed and downloaded you can continue using your phone as normal.
Videos: convert to 3G2, 3GP, AVI, FLV, Matroska MKV, Quicktime MOV, MP4, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, OGG, WebM VP8, WMV, For Android, For BlackBerry, For iPad, For iPhone, For iPod, For Nintendo DS DPG, For Playstation 3 PS3, For PSP, For Nintendo WII, For XBOX 360
Documents: convert to Word (doc and docx), Flash, HTML, Open-Office, PDF, Text
Audio: convert to AAC, AIFF, FLAC, M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA
Ebooks: convert to ePub, FB2, LIT, LRF, MOBI, PDB, PDF, TCR
Images: convert to BMP, EPS, GIF, EXR, ICO, JPEG, PNG, SVG, TGA, TIFF, WBMP, WEBP
Archives: convert to 7Z, TAR BZ2, TAR GZ, ZIP
- The app remembers the source and converted files so later on you can export, rename, open, etc
- Share a converted file through the web: the app will temporarily act as a webserver so from another location from the browser the file can be downloaded/viewed (if on the same WIFI network)
- Upload converted files to FTP. Specify the login and path.
- Upload converted files to a Samba (SMB/CIF) server. For example a Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Upload converted files to a WebDAV server
- Upload converted files to Dropbox
- Upload converted files to your own server with HTTP POST (if need you can specify http login details)
- Use your own file manager application and select File Converter to open. This will load the file automatically! Help included for how to install ASTRO File Manager, File Manager, Ghost Commander, Root Explorer
- Use our built in file browser popup to select a file
- Use the gallery function of your device to select an image, audio or video!
- Use the camera function to take a picture/video and convert it
- Send the converted file by email
- Share the converted file through DropBox, Google Docs, Box.net, Evernote, HiDrive (help included)
- A progress indicator shows the upload and download status
Extra features for file types:
For video: depending on the selected format you can change the size (width and height), quality, video bitrate, audio quality, frame rate, rotate, flip (mirror) or trim to a specific part of the video
For audio: depending on the file type you want to convert to you can change: bitrate, frequency, channels (mono, stereo), normalize or trim to a specific part of the audio
For ebook: depending on the selected format you can change the Ebook title, Author, Add a border, Select the encoding,