27 ratings (3.519 average)
What's new in this version (3.0.0):
- Implemented support for hotspot network functionality
- Updated to support Android 4.0 with the Action Bar
- Minor bug fixes
*** DOES NOT WORK WITH Nexus 1 RUNNING GINGERBREAD DUE TO GPS ERROR: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=15500 ***
SolidSync Network/Bluetooth GPS turns your Android-powered mobile phone into a Bluetooth GPS receiver using the Android GPS and Bluetooth systems.
It creates a Bluetooth serial port and then sends GPS NMEA data to any compatible Bluetooth-enabled or network enabled device: this could be a laptop or desktop computer, or even another phone!
See http://solidsync.com/bluetoothgps for more details and to review the help guide.
Using SolidSync Network/Bluetooth GPS you can connect another Bluetooth-enabled or network-enabled device (for example, a desktop or notebook computer or even another cellular phone) to your Android device and use your Android device as a location data source.
- See the current location information in a simple display.
- Make GPS data available to any other device that can receive GPS data over a Bluetooth serial connection.
- Make the GPS data available to any other device that can receive GPS data over a TCP/IP network connection, and manage connected clients.
- Configurable update intervals.
- Run the service in the background
- Control which NMEA messages get transmitted.
- Replay trips saved with SolidSync Trip Tracker.
- Tested with applications including ESRI's ArcGIS, Wireless InSSIDer, Google Earth, and others.
# Minor bug fixes
# User interface upgrades to better support trip replay functionality
# Documentation upgrades
Last comments from Android Market
Love this app...i use it with my ipad while flying in my plane to show terrain awareness. Ipad seem to have the best aviation apps.
This is a beast to get going but once you got it its great. EVO plus ipad wifi only works great. You have to use BTstack GPS on your jailbroken ipad.
Dwnld yesterday...won't let me connect to internet through my laptop....what am I doing wrong???
I LOVE YOU GUYS
A slight pain to configure with an XP laptop (keep refreshing, look for the serial port service), but once sync'd up works great!