2 ratings (3.500 average)
What's new in this version (1.1):
- Fixed error in the subject line of e-mail when mailing the results.
- Fixed an error when adding a new brand name to the database.
- Spelling error
DVM Diets was created to help Veterinary professionals check their work in creating dietary recommendations for their fully grown patients to maintain their current weight or to facilitate healthy and gradual weight loss by using a target goal weight.
- Diet recommendations created during consults can help improve client acceptance; discharge instructions provided to owners (on a printout or via email) can aid in compliance
- Multiple foods can be used within a single patient’s plan
- Choose between automatic or manual calculations of portions sizes and calories
- Provide clients with the diet plan (hard copy or e-mail) and place them in medical records
By entering the goal pet weight, the resting energy requirement for the pet will be calculated. Then, add any of the diets included in the database (or provide your own), along with the type of calculation and the app will display how much food to give the pet daily along with the number of calories each diet contributes (if using multiple diets). Any user entered diets will be kept within the database for future use; native diets (in the original database) will be updated periodically to attempt to maintain current dietary and caloric information.
The database currently contains over 70 of the most common brands. From those brands, almost 800 diets are included. These will be updated routinely to reflect current market availability.
This app is intended for informational use only for veterinary professionals to calculate diet recommendation for fully grown patients, including geriatric patients. Juvenile patients have higher calorie needs that are not addressed within the equation used for diet calculation within this app. It is not meant to substitute manual calculations or take the place of professional care for patients. The user of this app retains all risk and responsibility for using this in conjunction with patients and procedures. All medical professionals should put patient care and well being above all suggestions or calculations made by this app.
The diets, including formulations and calorie counts, may change from time to time without warning; this is beyond the control of the developer of this app. Every effort will be made to maintain accurate diet listings based on current manufacturers’ offerings.
The developer of this app is in no way responsible for the use or misuse of this application.