213 ratings (4.019 average)
What's new in this version (3.9.1):
Added support for displaying fractions (1/8, 3/4, 9/16, etc.) inside drop down lists
Install the "e-Droid-Cell TRIAL (No Save)" if you need more time to test, but remember TRIAL has limited number of rows/columns and NO Save option...
Only the Excel 2003 binary XLS format is supported
Warning: Android 1.5 and 1.6 OS are supported but we have detected that Google "Cloud Print" feature may not work under Android 1.x for some devices.
Edit your spreadsheets on the go with one of the most user friendly editor for Microsoft Excel files (100% Excel compatible). Offers powerful data computation with support for 124 Excel functions, Drop Down List support (select values from a predefined list), cell, number and dates formatting, row and column sizes, filters, sorting, cut, copy, paste, undo, charting, exporting as PDF, etc.
Edit your Excel worksheets on the go!
See new "how-to's" online series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5DB8FDEF313638E8&feature=plcp
Includes a "Macro" mechanism allowing to script the application. Although the Macro language is not compatible with VBA (Visual Basic Applications) it does allows for doing almost anything required by a Macro language.
Ways you can use the application:
- Create invoices from an Excel template, then email the invoice to customer directly (HTML or PDF)
- Design a worksheet with complex formulas and use it as a complex calculator
- Create an Excel form with cells to fill in with drop down lists and keep track of your customers survey
- These are just examples; it could also be something much better :-)
Regarding Market comments:
* Ryan comments (2011-0929) regarding privacy: Read e-mail permission is required if you open Excel attachments from your email app (otherwise e-Droid-Cell crashes with permission denied so you can't open attachment directly)
* Steve comments (2010-11-21) regarding "dates, or times" has been fixed since 2010
* Ssikee comments (2011-05-20) about making column letters and row numbers stationary has been fixed
* Butik comments (2011-02-09) about apps being extremely slow has been addressed (now 10x faster)
E-mail us for any problem at firstname.lastname@example.org: you will be surprized of the quick reply!
Last comments from Android Market
Unable to format cell color, functions, or insert rows or columns. Has great potential but falls short of being a hands down, must have app
Does exactly what I was hoping. Very easy to edit spreadsheets, even with multiple worksheets.
This is the only viewer that displays spreadsheets as if they were printed. Make it run smoother with multiple pages and it gets 5 stars.
Still cannot process dates, or times.... found a free 1 that does show dates and time.... uninstalling!
I like your viewer, very nice job. Can u do an editor as well?
Great app. Cant wait for the pdf conversion feature.
Updates have made this a 'must have' app. Great functionality for it's price point. So far, the best 'bang for buck' app I've found on the market
Getting better. Woo hoo.
Like the interface
Excellent app, simple straightforward and easy to use.