44 ratings (2.955 average)
Jibbigo Offline Spanish - English bidirectional voice and text translator is the perfect bilingual travel companion, and the only speech translator that will work wherever you go! There's no network connection required, and no risk of incurring high roaming fees when traveling. Translate Spanish to English, or translate English to Spanish. Jibbigo will translate what you speak!
*Please read below for installation instructions*
★★★★★ Selected as one of Travel and Leisure’s “Best Travel Apps” of 2010.
State-of-the-art direct voice translation and natural language processing means that you are not limited to pre-selected “canned” phrases. Jibbigo is self-contained on your device, so there are no data or roaming charges and no disconnects!
• 40,000+ word vocabulary
• Award-winning speech recognition and voice translation.
• Add name function for personal and place names.
• High quality speech synthesis from SVOX
• Our team has tested Jibbigo on the Samsung Galaxy Tab, SonyEricson XPeria, Motorola Droid, Nexus One, and it works very well on these devices.
• In general, you will need the following minimum setup to run Jibbigo on your Android device: 256MB RAM, 500MHz ARM CPU, Android 1.6+.
• For optimal performance, you will need 256MB RAM, 1GHZ ARM CPU, Android 1.6+.
*Note-currently not running Ice Cream Sandwich, but our developers are working on this. Sign up for our newsletter at www.jibbigo.com for news on this update coming soon.
1. Download and install the free Jibbigo player from the Android market.
2. Purchase and install the language pair of your choice.
3. Run the language pair installer program. Be prepared for several hundred MB of downloads - language files take a while!
4. Start up the Jibbigo player, select your language, and begin translating!
*If you have troubles with the install, before deleting the program or asking for a refund, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. It's very likely we can help you sort it out in a short period of time.*
★★★★★ "You can literally have a conversation in a language that you do not know with this. If you have even the slightest need to work with people that speak a language that you don’t regularly I would highly recommend this app to anyone." AppShouter.com
SUPPORT: Visit www.Jibbigo.com for user manual, troubleshooting tips and more. Questions or concerns? Email us at email@example.com and a real live human being wil respond to you within three business days.
★★★★★ “Amazing piece of work, Jibbigo! Worth every penny.”
Last comments from Android Market
Translator seems to work fine but app locks up if you go to change settings or if you view the dictionary. At&t, samsung captivate.
Not bad for a self contained phone app. Probably would sell more than twice as many at half the price.
Useful for basic things but I have ran into interpretation problems when using it for medically related conversation... but still very good app
I love this app! Took me a bit to sort out the install as u need to download two files but now it works great!
Grrat app. However, on my galaxy s vibrant, it does not close properly. I need to force close it and its player, before it will run again.
I just dowloaded it and it is a very cool app I Downloaded it yesterday for Android Thunderbolt. It has recognized everything that I have said so far ( even thru in some colorful language to stress it). Can't speak yet for the acc
It never understand a word I say. The fee translator apps work better. Do not waste your money.
what an awesome and useful app and the price is really good right now
Not even close