14 ratings (2.929 average)
Jibbigo Offline Chinese-English Translator
This Mandarin Chinese-English bidirectional voice and text translator is the perfect bilingual travel companion, and the only speech translator that will work wherever you go. There's no network connection required, and no risk of incurring high roaming fees when traveling.
*Please read below for installation instructions.*
★★★★★ Selected as one of Travel and Leisure’s “Best Travel Apps” of 2010.
State-of-the-art direct voice translation and natural language processing means that you are not limited to pre-selected “canned” phrases. Jibbigo is self-contained on your device, so there are no data or roaming charges and no disconnects!
• 40,000+ word vocabulary
• Award-winning speech recognition and voice translation.
• Add name function for personal and place names.
• Searchable, bilingual background dictionary.
• High-quality speech synthesis from SVOX
• Our team has tested Jibbigo on the Samsung Galaxy Tab, SonyEricson XPeria, Motorola Droid, Nexus One, and it works very well on these devices.
• In general, you will need the following minimum setup to run Jibbigo on your Android device: 256MB RAM, 500MHz ARM CPU, Android 1.6+.
• For optimal performance, you will need 256MB RAM, 1GHZ ARM CPU, Android 1.6+.
*Note-currently not running Ice Cream Sandwich, but our developers are working on this. Sign up for our newsletter at www.jibbigo.com for news on this update coming soon.
1. Download and install the free Jibbigo player from the Android market.
2. Purchase and install the language pair of your choice.
3. Run the language pair installer program. Be prepared for several hundred MB of downloads - language files take a while!
4. Start up the Jibbigo player, select your language, and begin translating!
*If you have troubles with the install, before deleting the program or asking for a refund, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. It's very likely we can help you sort it out in a short period of time.*
★★★★★ "You can literally have a conversation in a language that you do not know with this. If you have even the slightest need to work with people that speak a language that you don’t regularly I would highly recommend this app to anyone." AppShouter.com
SUPPORT: Visit www.Jibbigo.com for user manual, troubleshooting tips and more.
Questions or concerns? Email us at email@example.com and a real live human being wil respond to you within three business days.
★★★★★ “Totally worth the price to have a pocket translator that even works in airplane mode! I would have spent way more in roaming fees using my old translation app while abroad.”
Last comments from Android Market
Fantastic program, very high accuracy rate for english, OK for Chinese, -1 star for no pinyin in android version or ability to save favorites.
I bought this App for my parents visiting me from China. They love it ! Now they are traveling in US by themselves without me. Amazing technology!
Absolute peice of c#@p It can't get the english right let alone converting it to another language. Crashes my phone. No refund after 15 min. Joking?
Thanks for developing this app. English voice recognition is good, but please develop the Chinese voice recognition. Overall not perfect but okay.