119 ratings (4.059 average)
What's new in this version (4.0.0):
- New automatic data backup and restore functionality to ensure previous trip data is not lost in the event of app re-install or purchase of a new device
- New AnyTime capture mode allows you to manually create events anytime at any place in the world
- Fixes layout bugs with Android 4.x
- Fixes Plan Trip bugs when adding trip to calendar
- Adds permissions to read/modify USB storage to allow camera usage on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) devices
For any type of fisherman from tournament pros to weekend anglers. This app will log fishing events(catches, bites, break-offs, thrown hooks, sightings, and follows) in relation to the trip in which they occurred. Fishing trips and fishing events can be reviewed at any time. Throw away your paper log book and never look back!
Fishin' Buddy will automatically log:
- GPS location
- Nearest city to the fishing event
- Weather Conditions (including moon phase and sunrise/sunset times)
- Tidal Level (if user chooses in Preferences)
The user can also input:
- Fish species (including a custom user-defined species if desired)
- Fish size
- Fishing gear used
- Optional weather fields (water temp, water clarity, tidal level, water depth)
- Photo and Video
- Many more fields!
New! Trip Data Backup and Restore
- New trip backup and restore functionality!
- Trips are automatically backed up and trip data is restored to new devices or fresh installs automatically!
- Uses your Google Account sign-in so no userID or password is required. Simply click "Allow" when the Access Request screen displays and you are setup!
New! Anytime Mode:
- Provides the ability to manually enter events at anytime and any place in the world.
- Simply toggle the capture mode on the trip map screen and touch a location to start.
- Requires manual date/time and weather entry.
With Enhanced Data Entry, you can speed up your event logging by having some fields pre-populated with data you already logged in previous events. Those fields are:
- Fish species
- Event description
- Fishing Technique
Other functionality included:
- The ability to export trips to Google Maps or Docs
- The ability to see a Map of fishing events from previous trips
- The ability to share catches via Facebook, Twitter, SMS, and Email
- A Trophy Room to track the largest fish caught and the most successful fishing trips
- A Trip Planner to prepare for a future fishing trip and add it to your calendar
Try Fishin' Buddy Demo for a free preview of all the capabilities of Fishin' Buddy but with a 2 trip limit. Trips created in Fishin' Buddy Demo can be later imported into Fishin' Buddy. Try it today!
Last comments from Android Market
Need ability to reopen closed fishing trip, add hits. ALSO, locks up camera on my Droid 2, please fix ASAP. Othwise, good app.
Major feeding time 2 is way off. Also lists for tackle is needed. App is just ok.
Would have got 5 stars if it had lake contours. But nice to find a good spot and come back to it
Loved it on my last trip! The ability to add media later is a great feature. Only down fall is the trip planner is tough to use. 5 stars even then.
Good app. Need to be able to edit species and other fields on completed trip
Update now allows pictures to be added to exsisting trips!
Need to be able to see the map on completed trips.
Needs a dropdown menu for fish species and lures so you don't have to retype them for every fish.
Does not work for Droid X. Good idea, but not stable enough yet.
Works great for me