263 ratings (3.722 average)
What's new in this version (4.2):
Sometimes it is necessary to remove and re-add the widgets after an update!
5.3: Simplified configuration, bugfix, optimised tablet layouts
5.2: REQUIRED UPDATE: Fixed bug: widget is not being added; fixed bug: account/label list does not appear on tablets; added feature: open Gmail from empty view, made WiFi optional, other minor fixes
5.1: Added Spanish translation, fixed an issue when an accou
Trial version available!
▬ As seen on
▬ and many more!
GMAIL WIDGETS is an easy to use collection of beautiful homescreen WIDGETS in a variety of sizes - from icons to full screen widgets - that show an UNREAD count of email, SMS / text messages and calls as well as previews (sender, subject and content). It can aggregate messages from different sources into a unified (combined) inbox.
Lots of widgets show you the UNREAD count, but this is the only one that shows you WHAT these UNREAD messages are and WHO they are from.
Until Android 3.0, the Gmail app does not come with any widgets. This app fills that gap.
The Gmail widget in 3.0 and later versions is unreliable and not customisable: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=23279
Unlike some of the other Gmail widgets on Google Play, this app works with the latest version of the Gmail app and is compatible with 2.3 (Gingerbread) and later. It does not require third party apps like K-9, nor logins and passwords. It just works!
Also included are resizable scrolling widgets for 3.0 (Honeycomb), 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich / ICS) and 4.1 (Jelly Bean / JB).
NOTE: The full functionality is only available on Android 4.0 and later. Some features, like scrolling in widgets is not available in earlier versions of Android.
Review of an older version on TalkAndroid: http://www.talkandroid.com/100486-get-a-cool-gmail-widget-for-your-android-smartphone-available-on-the-google-play-store-video/#more-100486
"Excellent after last update. Have waited a long time for a decent looking gmail widget."
"Very very useful app, I love the new design."
- Supports push email - updates automatically when new mail arrives (it may not update immediately while you read mails)
- Previews - shows the first lines of the message in addition to sender and subject (depending on size)
- Supports different labels (e.g. Priority Inbox, Starred, and custom labels) from several accounts, even on the same widget (Unified Inbox)
- Customisable appearance through themes and colors
- Different sizes to choose from, including scrollable, resizable stack and list widgets for newer Android versions (not available prior to Honeycomb)
- Option to show unread SMS / text messages and missed calls
- Works with WidgetLocker
- When you perform actions on your new mail, these may not be reflected immediately on the widget unless you press the refresh button in Gmail and on the widget.
- It may take up to 30 seconds for the widget to refresh the first time or after a reboot. During this time it may not look like anything is happening. Please be patient.
- If you don't see the widgets in your widget list, reboot your device to make them appear
- On older versions of Android only a subset of the functionality is available.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Gmail before you install this. If you update Gmail at a later stage, reinstall the widgets.
If you can help us translate the app into your language, we will send you a copy of our next app for free before it is released.
We are constantly stri