15 ratings (4.267 average)
What's new in this version (0.23):
Current version: 0.23 beta; released 08/09/2011
• Bugfix: Fixed force close bug for new users on first run
• Bugfix: Fixed an issue where subtitle bar wouldn't update if alarm was off
• Feature: Added the ability to DISABLE ADS via the Application Settings
• Defaults: Changed the default vibrate pattern to Rapid x 4
• Backend: Added analytics
Thank you for trying out my latest Android app, fourtwentytime, a once-per-day reminder alarm for your next smoke session with the following options:
• Set your own custom 4:20 time.. before a tv show, movie, wake and bake, anything really.. (defaults to 4:20 pm)
• Set a warm-up reminder 2, 5, 10 minutes prior in order to 'get ready' for your session (defaults to 5 mins)
• Repeat your alarm daily, weekends, weekdays, or set your own days (defaults to every day)
• Set your own notification text, sound, vibration, and led color/frequency (defaults to system defaults)
• Share your session (from the alarm pop-up screen) to facebook, twitter, anything that allows it
This is a beta release. Please read the following known issues:
• The warm-up reminder sound is currently hardcoded to a reggae riff. This will be customizable.. soon.
• If you enter a custom LED Color, it needs to be in "#AARRGGBB" format or else the app may crash upon notification. I will be implementing a color picker.. soon.
• Some menu options are disabled because they aren't finished yet (it will say 'Coming Soon...')
• Custom LED frequencies (the speed of the LED light flashing) doesn't seem to work fully. I don't know if this is just my dev environment, or my code, but I think the code is good. :/
• At times, the system default vibrate pattern will play BEFORE playing the customized app vibrate pattern.
• Once the alarm goes off, the subtitle text on the main screen may start counting up from the last alarm time, instead of counting down to the next alarm time. Going into the alarm settings screen and back fixes this for now.
• Android OS doesn't turn on the LED notification while the screen is on, so you won't see the LED turn on when testing your notification.
This is a beta release. I plan to implement the following features in the future:
• Color picker for Custom LED Color.
• Ability to change both the warm-up and alarm tones (right now, you can't change the warm-up sound).
• Sound packs containing 420 related sounds.
• Display where in the world it is currently 4:20pm (or the next major cities to hit 4:20) -thanks stonedforspace!
• Change app icon/label to something inconspicuous (no leaf on clock, change label to 'ftt')
• Custom notification style (status bar + pop-up, pop-up alone, status bar alone)
• More notification customization options including custom icon, gfx, trackball color, etc..
App permissions and why they're required:
• RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: This is so the fourtwentytime alarm can re-set the alarm once you reboot your device.
• VIBRATE: This is so fourtwentytime can vibrate your device.
• INTERNET: Needed for Google Ads
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Also needed for Google Ads
• App icon is a derivative of 'Candy Clock' Icon by cemagraphics (CC BY 3.0)
• Menu icons are derivatives of 'Reflection Icon Set by Webdesigner Depot.com
Thanks again, and if you have any suggestions, comments, ideas, or any feedback at all, email email@example.com.