10407 ratings (4.114 average)
What's new in this version (2.58):
NOTE: THIS IS ANOTHER SMALL UPDATE WHILE CONTINUING TO WORK ON SOME LARGER NEW FEATURES AND BACK-END WORK.
+ Fixed freezing and black screen issues that affected some users
+ Added ability to insert embedded picture into email and signature
+ Some certificate fixes for SMTP
+ Fixed order of cert checks
+ Gave option to override cert issues
+ Certificate support for IMAP/POP3/SMTP
+ RFC violation with timesta
MailDroid is an ad-supported Webdav/POP3/IMAP Idle Push mail client written from the ground up and and not based on the stock Android mail client.
Permissions needed for Ads
1. Complete re-write and not based at all on the standard Android mail client
2. IMAP Idle Push
3. Save/Download Attachments to SD card
4. Settings Support for signature, font size, ring tone, led color etc.
5. Custom Rules
6. Spell Check
8. Password Protection
9. Exchange 2003,2007,2010
10. Full WYSIWYG editor
11. Split screen for tablets
12. Much more....
ACTIVESYNC IS NOT SUPPORTED!
1. Why is the message slow to open? You need to set preload options found in global preferences to the third option.
2. Why is Exchange not working? I support 2003,2007, and 2010. However, each one can be set up differently by your administrator. The usual issue is username which can be domain\username, username, or email@example.com
3. I search, but see no results? You need to set up preloading in order to see search results.
4. How can I have different notifications for sound and LED color? You can set this under the rules section in global preferences.
5. Why can't I see my folders in Hotmail? Hotmail in MailDroid runs under POP3 (Microsoft charges a license for ActiveSync) and POP3 does not support folders from the server. IMAP does support this.
6. Can you change the icon? If you have a good idea, email me and we can talk about it.
7. Will there be a paid version? Yes, a version exists on the market.
*Most Frequent Issues*
SET PRELOAD OPTIONS TO IMPROVE SPEED
ONLY EXCHANGE 2003 AND 2007 IS SUPPORTED NOW
SEARCH REQUIRES PRELOAD
SOUND/LED PER EMAIL IS UNDER RULES
Email if any issues
kw:mail,email,yahoo mail,yahoo email,aol,hotmail,msn,live mail,blackberry,mail system,droid mail,droidmail,mail droid,gawab,fastmail,gmx,aol mail,gmail,google mail,IMAP,POP3
Last comments from Android Market
What I've been looking for! Looking forward to a ad free version. Developer responds quickly! Thank you! Edit started draining my battery
One day there will be an IMAP client for this platform that (1) displays your folders and (2) has a nice UI. This is not that client.
Too much wasted white space on main screen, loading emails is slow even when autocached on receive, still waiting for that end all be all email client
Killing yahoo mail. Works on wifi. Push email.
Way better than k9, ok a few ads, but for a far superior and neat service, it doesn't bother me! Htc desire
Runs just as fast as default client and k9 on my phone. Haven't seen any problems. Excellent. Would love to see option to bold text, underline, etc.
I loved this app. to start with. However, one feature missing is that if i need to edit an email that is being forwarded, it cannot be done.
Best App. Ever,Love it!!Works perfect on Droid 2!