117 ratings (3.855 average)
What's new in this version (3.0):
- Fixed text overlap issue on all devices by changing how the results display.
- Include a show more results button.
- Fixed an issues with ad display
Before leaving feedback please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with details of the problem you have encountered installing the app or with any suggested improvements.
Get the Focal is an English/Irish and Irish/English Translator with over 13,000 translations all checked by Irish language body Foras na Gaeilge. The content is stored on your phone so you will not need an internet connection to use the app.
The Full verions of this app now available on Android market which includes:
- If you not familiar with the Irish language there is a link which downloads a sound file of how the translations should be pronounced (Donegal accent).
- Online search includes full sentence translation and the contents of Focal.ie and the O'Donaill dictionary
Last comments from Android Market
Works perfect. It is spoken Irish. I'm Irish too. Very useful. Eóin doesn't know what he's talking about
Seán Ó Briain (*****)
HTC Desire 2.2 - No move to SD option is a minus. Can improve though. Needs vocab section, i.e. week days, colours, 'eating out' vocab, phrases, etc.
There's a lot missing here. Def not spoken Irish. I'm Irish and I live in Ireland.
A conjugated verb section would be sweet
Great app, wish it could translate a phrase.
Pretty good, I like how it gives possible words and meanings when a search is performed. However, the possible choices highlight black when scrolled
Its good itd be great if it had pronunciations
Best app ever! Tá sé go hiontach!