291 ratings (4.096 average)
What's new in this version (1.3):
Changelog for version 1.3:
* Added ability to put an alarm on Wi-Fi data traffic.
* Slightly adjusted gfx and layout on Data Usage and Alarm tabs.
* More fixes.
Changelog for version 1.2.2:
* Added Refresh NOW button to Data usage tab.
* Minor fixes
Changelog for version 1.2:
* Added functionality for Reset, Backup and Restore of database.
* Fix for random issue with wrong icon displaying
Network Counter is Android (2.2+) application for monitoring of wireless network traffic.
- Displays data traffic usage statistics for Wi-Fi and cellular / mobile networks.
- Possibility to setup an alarm for Wi-Fi and mobile data traffic usage.
- Network traffic statistics for currently active (running) applications.
- Ability to backup and restore of data traffic usage database.
Data stats gathering is done via our background service which has been designed for a low power consumption and supports device reboots (not including hard resets or direct battery pulls) and network disconnects.
Note, A2SD (SD card support) functionality is not possible due to necessary background service. However, if it's your preference, there is no limitation to use A2SD+ (ext partition).
In a case of any feature suggestion or a bug report, please, contact us on our e-mail.
- Mobile / Cell or Wi-Fi HW module in your phone / tablet
- Android's TrafficStats API supported via your phone's ROM
Last comments from Android Market
Good app, would be nice if it saved the custom date range from the alarm setting for viewing current totals, though
Needs a widget, and list of apps does not work on blade zte with 2.2 rom
Michael,you mean Data Usage tab where is From: and To: ? If yes, that will be fixed. The buttons are changed based on your locale settings. Mapeapps.
Nice app. Looks neat and tidy. Be good if the date format could be changed i.e. day/month/year.
Wow great app runs in back ground uses almost no battery no ads very simple to use wow very good app
Needs a widget.
Its a shame you cannot see which hosts each app talks to
how come some bg process like com.htc.bgp consume data usage? any hints on what processes they are?
great app design, let's see if it works! 8D