20844 ratings (4.438 average)
What's new in this version (2.5.1):
New in 2.5.1:
* Fixed a bug in calorie calculation
* Fixed activity name in social posts
And in 2.5:
* New faster route search feature: find nearby routes of any distance.
* Courses support: categorized climbs all have leaderboards. More coming soon.
* New workout history list.
* GPS filter improvements calculate your workout distance more accurately.
* Now you can buy gear from our store in the app
MapMyRun brings you its mobile app for Android-based devices! Now owners of Android 2.1 or higher devices can track the route, time, distance, speed, pace and calories in real-time for their fitness activities using their GPS enabled mobile device.
Use our route search feature to find nearby places to run. You can filter routes by type or length, examine elevation graphs, and leaderboards. Try beating your own best time!
Your results sync with www.mapmyrun.com!
MapMyRun+ is great for fitness, jogging, weight loss, calorie counting, training, and more, and is an integral part of the MapMyRUN platform, by MapMyFitness.
* About permissions: Google Play will display a variety of permissions that we require to install the app. Here's a rundown of why we're asking for the various permissions:
Hardware controls (take pictures): we have a feature in the app that allows you to take photos during your workout and attach them to your route. We don't access your camera unless you press the Photo button on the map screen.
Phone calls (read phone state and identity): we include your cell phone carrier in some diagnostic data. This helps us identify carrier-specific location accuracy issues. We do not monitor your phone calls, make phone calls, record what numbers you dial, etc.
Last comments from Android Market
This app is only ok which is unfortunate because the linked website is great. The app still has serious bugs.
Shoez, Shoe3482, Mkings01, MAXK (**)
Has bugs: Voice-over that tells pace stops music from playing. UI is hard to use. Pace display is difficult to read. Consumes too much power.
Works very well on my Eris. Love this thing!
I'm so stoked this finally works on Droid X!
This app will not even let me log in.
Why is this app so much better on the Iphone? This app rocks on my friends phone. Sucks on droid though. Please fix! Make it equal to Iphone app!
Expected more. Loved mapmyrun.com, this not so much. Cardiotrainer is 10 times better. What is the camera for? FB & Twitter updates? Focus on running
Music stops with voice feedback. Take notes from cardiotrainer for functionality. Love the website.
needs some work but it does track your run