141 ratings (4.362 average)
What's new in this version (3.0.1):
* Added Android 3.0/4.0 UI support
* Added Android 4.0 support (I do not own an ICS device so this is experimental -- use at own risk with ICS! You may also need to update su binary from Superuser app)
* MIUI support withdrawn (too much diversion from Android making support a pain -- complaints should be directed at MIUI project)
* Quick boot disabled by default (may cause boot loops
To people using ICS: You have been warned multiple times already about the incomplete support and possible issues. Please don't complain, because it doesn't help the process. In fact, you're only making things worse, for both parties. Thanks.
Requires *FULL ROOT* (aka NAND unlocked or S-OFF) and *BUSYBOX*. If you don't know what either means then there is a chance this won't work for you. A custom recovery is also highly recommended, but not a requirement as changing fonts can cause bootloops in some cases.
Not all custom firmwares/devices may work, but most do. Email me if it doesn't. Check out the (free) ad-supported version if unsure whether this will work for you.
Font Changer allows you to switch the default system font on your Android device (will replace the keyboard font too for a fresh typing experience). It creates an automatic backup of the default fonts at the beginning. When removing the application it should be done from inside its settings to restore your default fonts.
Further features include:
* Replace individual fonts using the font picker
* Screen density changer which allows you to virtually increase/decrease the size to make things appear bigger/smaller
* Quick reboot
* Font previews
* Localisation in English, Russian, Polish, Korean, Bulgarian, and Spanish
Fonts are not included for legal reasons. Information on how to add fonts and how to use Font Changer is inside the application. For more information check out the website. If you have any problems (that includes requests for refunds) please send an email, I cannot reply to comments. Thank you.
* REBOOT - to reboot the device (achieved through root anyway)
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - moving and deleting fonts
* INTERNET - checking the license server (if you ever get a license error try again in a few minutes as this usually depends on Google's servers)
Last comments from Android Market
Works great evo
lovely app, allowing you to pick out your own fonts. Just a lil problem with the restart on my x10, but manually restarted without any issues.
This is a very useful app and the support is great.
How do I find the fonts to make this work?
Awesome on my Droid X.
The last few versions have e worked flawlessly on my Desire.
Down right awesome, so easy to use thanks.
Great even though changing the density on my Desire results in a bootloop everytime.
Very nice. Droid 1 w charity smoked glass rom
Font Changer worked great on my rooted 2.2 Droid X with Tranquility Rom. Make sure and name the folder .fontchanger and it'll work great! Thanks Dev