Shelves - FREE
by Garen J Torikian, Version: 3.5 , 1319 KB
Package name: com.miadzin.shelves , Last Update: 2012-10-11 17:41:38
1186 ratings (3.740 average)
What's new in this version (3.5):
* Added Spanish (from Spain) translation
* Increased reliability for barcode scanner
* Can now import collections from Dropbox
* Fixes for importing and exporting files
* Fixed changing view
* Fix a lot of other minor UI bugs and crashes
Shelves is an Android application that manages your collection of apparel, board games, books, comics, gadgets, movies, music, software, tools, toys, and video games from your Android device.
With Shelves, you can add items in a number of ways, such as:
* Scanning barcodes
* From the Internet
* Entering details manually
You can also import and export data from a variety of sources, including Google Books, Google Drive, BoardGameGeeks.com, Shelfari, and full support for software such as MediaMan and Delicious Library. Dropbox is also supported.
Shelves lets you organize your collection by:
* Providing sorting rules on title, price, author, or format (CD, DVD, Vinyl, e.t.c.), and more
* Searching across all available item attributes
* Tagging and filtering your collection
* Allowing for the selection of multiple items
You can loan items to friends in your contact list, or rate items for your personal use. You can also opt to place items in a separate wishlist category.
Additionally, items can be in any language!
THIS APPLICATION IS SUPPORTED BY ADS. YOU CAN BUY THE SHELVES UNLOCKER ON THE MARKET TO REMOVE THEM. Additionally, some features are unavailable, unless the unlocker is purchased.
Thank you to everyone who supports a one-man development team, acting as developer, tester, documentation writer, as well as customer and public relations. I wouldn't do this if it weren't for all of you.
* * *
The following is a list of permissions that Shelves requests, and the reasons for their use. If you're not satisfied with the explanations I have here, by all means, contact me and I'll try to explain them further.
The following permissions deal with sending and receiving your collection to Google Spreadsheets. Google is VERY serious about account security, and as such, Shelves has no idea what your login credentials are. Shelves does NOT ask for your password. In this case, Shelves is only asking the Android/Google system whether or not you've successfully logged in:
* MANAGE THE ACCOUNTS LIST
* USE THE AUTHENTICATION CREDENTIALS OF AN ACCOUNT
* GOOGLE SPREADSHEETS
* GOOGLE DOCS (Google Docs in this case is not Google's online word processor, but rather the entire Google Docs suite)
* DISCOVER KNOWN ACCOUNTS
* VIEW CONFIGURED ACCOUNTS
* READ GOOGLE SERVICE CONFIGURATION
This connects Shelves to the Internet, and lets it download all the item information (covers, descriptions, e.t.c.):
* FULL INTERNET ACCESS
* VIEW WI-FI STATE
These manage how Shelves loans to your contacts, and adds reminders to your Google Calendar:
* READ CONTACT DATA
* READ CALENDAR EVENTS
* ADD OR MODIFY CALENDAR EVENTS AND SEND EMAIL TO GUESTS
This is used to verify the validity of your Unlocker purchase:
* READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY
This permits Shelves to access the cover images and import/export files to the SD card:
* MODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE CONTENTS
* MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS
This keeps Shelves awake while imports occur. If the device's screen goes dim or falls asleep, the import could fail:
* PREVENT DEVICE FROM SLEEPING
This is necessary for Shelves to store your account preferences when doing an automatic backup (only for Android 2.2 and above):
* MODIFY GLOBAL SYSTEM SETTINGS
* * *
Original code held (C) 2008 Romain Guy; this project is based off of his
Last comments from Android Market
Used to be wonderful. Then Garjan crippled the app & tried to extort users. Now barcode reader is broken. Looking to go away from Shelves now.
LOVE this app! Great for keeping track of what I've bought!
Sucks barcode scanner quit working. Probably force update
- 4 stars for broken barcode function. Otherwise, it would be the best library app I've tried.
This app has stopped adding movies with the barcode scanner. I have to add movies manually. Hopefully this will be fixed in a future update.
Worked great now cannot scan to add... also needs app2sd for 5 stars -Nexus 1
This could have been a really great app for collectors...unistalling
Good GUI but does not find too often.
Overall pretty good Had a few times where the "Bulk Add" via scanning option randomly fails to import the items. It seems to happen when I switch the phone from portrait to landscape while it is importing... but no idea why that would
I bought the app at the end of last month.Left message about problems on web Read up on other projects he is working on..STATES TAKING Break on this