276 ratings (4.312 average)
What's new in this version (2.0.3):
- Fix for Nexus 7 tablets: Adaptation for the new tvdpi screen density
Mix, record, play and perform your own electronic music with the SPC – Music Sketchpad 2!
It’s the Android app for sampling, sequencing and beat programming on your phone or tablet.
Start producing now: Play loops and sequences with the 16-pad multi-touch enabled main screen and program your own sequences and drum grooves by setting steps and notes.
Upload and manipulate your own loops and sounds or use and mix the ones included in the app or provided for download on mikrosonic's website. Tweak the sounds with the sampler and effects like reverb, phaser and distortion. Record any sound with your device’s built-in microphone.
Optimized for phones and 7- to 10-inch tablets.
If you already use mikrosonic’s popular RD3 HD – Groovebox, loops you’ve created and exported there can also be instantly available to work into your music!
Use the SPC – Music Sketchpad to:
- 16-pad screen mixes loops and sequences
- Remix your tracks in real-time
- Import your own samples/loops in the WAV format up to 24-bit 96 kHz
- Recording of performances in exportable WAV format
- Comes with 2 pre-programmed scenes
- Additional scenes for download at the mikrosonic website
- Pad play options: Loop, One Shot and direct sample play
- Three pad start options: Instant, Next Beat, Next Bar
- Tap Tempo
Program your own beats and grooves
- Full featured drum machine
- Flexible sequencer
- Step sequencer for each of the 16 pads
- Every step sequencer with up to 64 steps
- Individual velocity/accent settings for each step
- Different step lengths from 1/4 to 1/32
Scribble your musical ideas
- 16 tracks with up to 4 variations
- Keyboard for melodic composition
- Sound library with one-shot samples
Record sounds and loops
- Record your voice, instrument or any other sound directly with your device's built-in microphone
- Record one-shot samples with trigger function
- Record loops in sync with quantization and overdub function
- Use the recordings instantly in your performance
Edit your sounds
- Waveform display
- Gain, pan and tuning knobs
- Envelope control with attack and decay
- Reverse, normalize and cut function
- Up to 16 steps volume and pan envelope for loops
- Slicer for recombining loop elements
- All actions in real-time
- Reverb, delay, phaser, filter and distortion
- Freely assignable to each pad
- Real-time controllable effects
- X/Y control field for each effect
- 4 effect sends
- Chaining of 2 effects
- Multi-touch control
- Optimized for phones and 7- to 10-inch tablets
- Special rack view in portrait mode for 10-inch tablets
- OpenSL integration for lower latency
- Direct integration of RD3 HD - Groovebox loops
- Integrated browser for loading WAV files from your SD card
- SoundCloud Sharing Kit integration
- File sharing capability
- Android 2.2 or higher
- screen resolution 800×480 (WVGA) or higher
- 800 MHz CPU or faster supporting ARMv7
Please note that version 2 of the SPC is a multiple APK that will start the older version 1.8.2 of the SPC instead of version 2.0 if the Android version on your device is below Android 2.2.
More details at: http://www.mikrosonic.com/spc
Last comments from Android Market
the god of hellfire (*****)
More than a sketchpad in the right hands. My favourite music app, not that there is much to choose from :)
Very powerful but needs lots if edition for handling new sounds.
Tomas Dias (****)
so far so good Seems like a great sequencer for what I need, as far as I can figure out so far. It is not a very intuitive interface. What I like so far is that you can load your own samples wherever you want. It does not fit on the sc
Mksonic has done it again. I paid up front for this and it was a good choice. This a true sequencer. mksonic whats next. Great job! email@example.com
With the new updates they have unlocked its creative abilities
Good fun for my 4 year old but that's it. Can't really do much more than make silly loopy songs at best. ELECTRUM way better if you are serious...
Can't believe how ace this is along with rd3. Great apps
RD3 HD loops wont work if i drag to loop folder? :-( all sorted thanks
Nice. But im not satisfied. Electrobeats by david guetta is way much better. And im still expecting for it to land here in android market.
The bpm is off a lil but a good sampler