5 ratings (4.400 average)
What's new in this version (0.7.3b):
- Support for sending coins to multisig addresses
- Showing a backup notification if you have coins in your wallet
- Address book fixes for Android 2.1
- Restoring from backup code from clipboard in addition to restoring from QR-code.
- Displaying a message when there is no connection to the server as opposed to
just ghosting buttons on main screen.
BitcoinSpinner is a light-weight, secure, and user friendly Bitcoin wallet for Android.
* Send and receive Bitcoins using QR codes.
* One-time wallet backup using a QR-code that can be restored on another Android device.
* All your Bitcoins are protected using private keys stored on your device using app private storage.
* No heavy block chain download, BitcoinSpinner is ready for use immediately.
* Address book
* Transaction history.
BitcoinSpinner is NOT an on-line Bitcoin Bank. Nobody can run away with your Bitcoins. It is implemented on top of the BCCAPI, which means that all the heavy lifting associated with managing the block chain is done by a server. The server side is in no position to spend your Bitcoins, as all private keys are stored on your device. More info on the BCCAPI here: http://goo.gl/OqvQ9
* Open source: http://code.google.com/p/bitcoinspinner/
* Spend 'change-sent-to-yourself' immediately, just like the Satoshi client.
* Share your Bitcoin address using Gmail, Twitter and more.
* Automated network fee calculation, guaranteeing that your transactions go through the Bitcoin network.
* BitcoinSpinner does not download and manage the Bitcoin block chain. This means:
* Ready for use immediately.
* Low storage requirements.
* Low bandwidth requirements.
* Low CPU requirements.
* Low battery consumption.
BitcoinSpinner comes in two versions. This is the one for worthless test Bitcoins. If you want to try it out with real production Bitcoins look for BitcoinSpinner without the Testnet suffix.
You can obtain worthless test Bitcoins to play with here: http://testnet.freebitcoins.appspot.com/