1 ratings (4.000 average)
What's new in this version (3.2.105):
New Features in version 3.2.105
* Bugs fixed
New Features in version 3.2
* Optimized download speed for downloading the dictionary database
The Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary defines the vocabulary students need to succeed in high school and beyond.
Its entries include more than 2,000 key vocabulary items from the content areas of math, the arts, chemistry, earth science, physics, American and world history, social studies, language arts, and other disciplines, as well as the more general vocabulary used in academic writing and speech, such as "analyze," "derive," and "subsequent." The dictionary also provides full coverage of the everyday words and phrases students need to know. It is based on extensive Corpus research and developed with the needs of English learners in mind.
* Easy-to-understand definitions make the meanings clear.
* Full-sentence examples show how English is really used.
* Usage notes help students avoid common mistakes.
* Word Family and Word Choices boxes help students expand their vocabulary and choose the right word.
* Reference Pages provide useful information about geography, science, math, literature, and more.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The dictionary is powered by the MSDict technology especially enhanced for the latest Android devices with the following key benefits:
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
* Support for memory cards
* Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Fast article scrolling
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget on the phone home screen
* Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard phone search feature