21 ratings (3.952 average)
What's new in this version (3.2.103):
New Features in version 3.2.103
* Bugs fixed
New Features in version 3.2
* Optimized download speed for downloading the dictionary database
New Features in version 3.0.80
* Optimized for Android 3.0 and higher
* Pinch zoom
* Bug fixing
The best American English learner's dictionary is better than ever, with new words, audio pronunciations and new features.
Based on the world's largest corpus of American English, the Cambridge Dictionary of American English provides up-to-date vocabulary, easy-to-understand definitions, helpful usage notes, and examples that show how English is really used. The second edition offers advanced search features and a thesaurus. The audio version features spoken pronunciations for every word.
This is a fully functional trial!
* The most up-to-date dictionary of American English available.
* Over 60,000 meanings and examples are included.
* Organized by meaning, so there's no guesswork needed to find the exact meaning a student is looking for.
* Full-sentence, corpus-based examples show how English is really used.
* Up-to-date vocabulary ("DSL," "Jihad," "morph," "PDA," "retro," "Wiki") defines the language of today.
* More then 200 usage panels help you avoid errors commonly made in English.
* Usage notes help learners to avoid common mistakes.
* Frequency information helps learners identify the words they need to know.
* Clear definitions make meanings easy-to-understand.
* Guidewords help learners find the meaning they want—fast!
* Full-sentence examples show how English is really used.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Cambridge Dictionary of American English is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
* Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Fast article scrolling
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget on the phone home screen
* Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard phone search feature
* Support for memory cards
Last comments from Android Market
It needs Internet connection for audio. It needs Internet connection for audio. This dictionary on iOS does not need Internet connection for audio.
jj luv (***)
JUS really nice super