1 ratings (4.000 average)
The PONS Dictionary Greek CONCISE contains 250,000 keywords, phases and translations.
Do you read and write in Greek or German in your everyday life, your spare time or your job?
Then the PONS Dictionary German-Greek/Greek-German CONCISE is the right reference tool for you.
Who can benefit in particular from this app?
Everyone who has to continually look up Greek or German terms in everyday life, in their spare time or even in their job.
About the contents:
* Current and comprehensive vocabulary containing around 110,000 keywords and phrases and more than 140,000 translations
* Bi-directional: German => Greek and Greek => German
* With context examples, information on language use and lots of other important information on grammar
* Includes specialist terminology on economy, politics, law, medicine and technology
* With IPA phonetics
What can the app do?
* Looking up words in the installed dictionaries is possible via the standard phone search function.
* Easy search function: Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to spell a word – the similar words or wild card search function will find what you are looking for.
* Jump from one language direction to the other with just one click: from ‘Greek => German’ to ‘German => Greek’ and vice versa. Access linked entries, equally with just one click.
* Word of the day widget displays a random entry from the dictionary daily.
* Installation on memory cards.
PONS has been developing green materials for learning languages and dictionaries for life for more than 30 years: for school, business, travel and hobby use. More than 500 dictionaries and courses in languages as diverse as Chinese and Hungarian help you to learn and check words – regardless of any prior knowledge you may or may not have. Since everybody’s approach to learning differs, PONS offers a comprehensive range encompassing everything from classic dictionaries and grammar aids to audio and software language courses, right up to apps and free online services, such as the www.pons.eu language portal featuring dictionaries in 12 languages and German spelling rules in their entirety. For more information, visit www.pons.de.
PONS GmbH is a member of the Klett Group of companies. With 60 companies in 42 locations in 18 countries, Klett Group constitutes Germany’s largest educational company.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The PONS CONCISE dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
* Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Fast article scrolling
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget on the phone home screen
* Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard phone search feature