7 ratings (2.429 average)
What's new in this version (3.2.105):
New Features in version 3.2.102
* Bugs fixed
New features in version 3.2
* Optimized download speed for downloading the dictionary database
* Optimized for Android 3.0 and higher
* Pinch zoom
* Bug fixing
This excellent Spanish dictionary includes 53 000 entries, 112 000 definitions, 100 000 examples as well as notes, comments, grammar boxes and verbs appendix. What makes this dictionary unique is that it includes not only European Spanish but also Latin American Spanish.
This is a fully functional trial!
What makes this dictionary different from any other is that the headword list and the language used for definitions reflect not only European Spanish, as is the case with the majority of other dictionaries, but also Latin American Spanish.Spanish is a world language spoken in 20 countries and in order to give a true picture of the language in its entirety it is essential to show the different meanings words have in each country. Unusually, not only Latin American uses are labeled, but also those restricted to Spain, so it can be seen whether a particular sense is universal or limited to a particular geographical area. In spite of the huge amount of information given, the clear page layout and the structure of the entries make looking up words quick and easy.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Vox General Spanish Language Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
* Support for memory cards
* Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Fast article scrolling
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget on the phone home screen
* Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard phone search feature
Last comments from Android Market
It doe's not translate. It only look up words in Spanish but no translation