8441 ratings (4.673 average)
What's new in this version (3.7.4):
- various brightness problems with night display
- time picker now gives haptic feedback only if set in the system settings
*** Free TRIAL version available. ***
** Buyers within the European Union: 19% VAT will be added to the sales price **
Languages: Български, Česky, Danske, Deutsch, English, Français, Magyar, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Português (do Brasil), Русский, 中文(简体)
Full explanation of all permissions given below.
- most feature rich alarm clock on the market
- speech input and output
- choose own colors, font size, backgrounds
- night display with customizable font color and size
- dock support
- tries to you wake you up during light sleep (optional, see below)
- mp3, ringtones, playlists, folders, internet radio, can create own playlists by choosing an artist or genre...
- uses own media player for super-gentle fade-in of music
- silent alarm with slowly increasing vibration
- large button mode for users with glasses
- flip to snooze, shake to dismiss
- puzzle or math tests if you are awake
- Tasker and SleepBot support
An alarm clock shouldn't shell-shock you out of your dreams. That's why I created Gentle Alarm which tries to wake you up during light sleep using an optional pre-alarm.
Alarm clocks can't know if you are in light sleep or deep sleep (those movement based alarm clock don't work) but they can play a very quiet pre-alarm which you will only hear if you are in light sleep. If you are in deep sleep, you will simply sleep through the pre-alarm.
The pre-alarm plays 30min before you really want to get up (you can change that). If the pre-alarm wakes you up, you will be more refreshed than if you had slept until the main alarm because at that time you would have fallen back into deep sleep. Give it a try and I am sure you won't want to miss it anymore.
Of course, the app has all the usual features of a great alarm clock:
It can switch to a night display automatically when docking the phone. It can automatically shorten the snooze time with each time you press snooze. It can automatically create playlists of your favorite artist or genre. And it allows you to change colors, fonts, and backgrounds.
* RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: So it can activate an alarm after you reboot the phone. After reboot, all alarms of all apps are cancelled by default.
* WAKE_LOCK: So the phone can stay on while playing an alarm or while displaying the night display.
* DISABLE_KEYGUARD: When the alarm rings, you don't have to unlock the phone to be able to turn the alarm off.
* VIBRATE: obvious
* WRITE_SETTINGS: It adjusts some system settings such as airplane mode, silent mode, etc.
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: It logs some data on your SD card.
* READ_PHONE_STATE: So it can turn off the alarm when the phone rings and prevent an alarm from ringing while you are talking on the phone.
* READ_LOGS: So you can send me debug data (if you choose to)
* INTERNET: So that I can display ads (trial version only). Also, if the app crashes, it offers to send me a debug report directly to my servers. The app will politely ask you if you want to send that data or not. If you do, it needs an internet connection. If not, it doesn't but I still need the permission in the app because you may want to send the debug data.
Last comments from Android Market
I'm not a morning person, but the increasing volume alarm & decreasing duration snooze making waking up easier.
Outstanding app. Does a lot, but most importantly it just works every single morning.
Great app, but alarm time still now showing on night display - I think dev is working on it tho. Evo.
App is amazing! Has many options but missing the one I want, to select a random song from your entire library. Please implement this. Still 5 stars.
A really superb alarm application.
Stuy Parker (*****)
I've been using this app for the better part of this year. Its my dedicated alarm. I have never had any problems with it. Only paid app that's worthit
Excellent. Desire 2.2
Darryl Lyn (*****)
Love this app, one of my favorites. Updated yesterday, anyone else having problems with the alarm getting stuck on today? Had to take the battery out
well implemented, always works