447 ratings (4.483 average)
What's new in this version (2.1.0):
- Nature sounds had audible gaps on most ICS phones
- fixed crash on Kindle Fire
- ICS support
free TRIAL version avail
The perfect nap/sleep app. The little brother of Gentle Alarm...
** Buyers within the European Union: 19% VAT will be add to the sales price **
PLEASE NOTE: due to a bug in Android 4.0, the sounds provided with the app may skip when looping. Your media sounds will play fine.
- perfect for power naps, travel, sleep timer
- silent alarm for work/school
- app can detect when you sleep so you can fine-tune the length of sleep you want to get
- 12 included sounds: white noise, heartbeat, beach,..
- use your own mp3s, playlists, ringtones
- creates playlists on the fly for your favorite artist or genre
- 3 phases: relax, sleep, wake up
- customizable backgrounds
You can easily program your own individual sleep program. Each program has up to three phases, relaxing, sleeping, and waking up. For each phase you can set your own music or use the built-in sounds, set fade-in/fade-out, duration, etc.
The app can detect when you start sleeping through motion detection so you can nap for exactly 10 min even though you don't know how long it will take you to fall asleep.
Use the relax phase to listen to an audio book. The app will continue the time it runs where it left off.
Explanation of PERMISSIONS:
PERMISSIONS: Gentle Alarm uses the following permissions...
* WAKE_LOCK: So the phone can stay on while playing music.
* DISABLE_KEYGUARD: When the alarm rings, you don't have to unlock the phone to be able to turn the alarm off.
* VIBRATE: obvious
* WRITE_SETTINGS: It adjusts some system settings such as airplane mode, silent mode, etc.
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: It logs some data on your SD card.
* READ_PHONE_STATE: So it can turn off the music when the phone rings and prevent an alarm from ringing while you are talking on the phone.
* READ_LOGS: So you can send me debug data (if you choose to)
* INTERNET: So that I can display ads (trial version only). Also, if the app crashes, it can send a crash if you allow it. Even if you don't use this feature, the app still needs to ask for the permission.
Last comments from Android Market
Great when it works, but forces you to close if u have power safe mode.
lots of options, works great
Great. Very flexible.
Excellent. Very useful.
Plz make it more reliable. Its too easy to deactivate leading to oversleeping. My 25 min naps were turned to 3 hours 4x because of exit due to a call.
A new mom must have. Puts my daughter right down. Started around two months, as we head into ten I'm still praising Sleep Now!!!
There are other apps that do the same thing for free. Very well put together though ;)
Excellent, the heartbeat is the only thing that sends my 11 month to sleep
Works great on my Droid X
PowerNap works when u need it. RELIABLE!! Waking up has never been easier.