98 ratings (3.214 average)
What's new in this version (0.5.2):
Added new translations: Czech, Finnish, Dutch, Dannish
GeneDroid - it is an easy to navigate family tree, based on a well-known service Geni.
Version 0.3 allows to link Geni profiles with your Android's contacts!
The main features of the program:
· Family tree view and navigation
· Demonstrate family tree to your friends and relatives
· Read information about the family members in their native language
To start to enjoy the program you should have a free account on http://www.geni.com/. You have to log in using the username and password from your account in Geni. Then you will be shown the family tree with the easy navigation on it. If you click on the current tree element (the badge), you'll see the detail information about this person.
GeneDroid is a great opportunity for Android smartphones users to get connection with a leading service platform for genealogy. Interestingly, Geni users from around the world work together to build a single, comprehensive family tree. Your tree will grow quickly, because now the system has more than 50 million profiles registered.
GeneDroid - is actually the first Android application that uses Geni data.
Of course, we can have many different functions to implement in the next versions of GeneDroid, that is why we are looking forward to listen for user feedbacks and try to implement the most popular requests.
Thus we plan the following additional features for the next update:
· Display photos of each family tree member
· Connections drawing
· Show additional information in the profile
As a postscript: To know your lineage means to respect your family history and be proud of it, transforming your ancestries’ experience and achievements in the progress and dignity of your children and grandchildren!
1. Added Norwegian translation
2. Added French translation (yes, it is made via automatic translation service, so fixing it is very appreciable, please help me to make nice translation on site http://crowdin.com/project/genidroid/fr)
1. Added path from current profile to root profile of the tree
2. All browsed data is cached into local db so user can browse family tree without internet connection
3. Fixed some issues with ui responsiveness
1. Showing all partners
2. Showing siblings
3. Added photos for profiles
4. Improved data caching
Last comments from Android Market
Doesn't really do anything right now. Waiting for features
Good app! Waiting for new features.
It would be nice if it showed more extended family like half siblings and also if it aloud editing from the app
A good start GeniDroid only shows one partner/spouse and gives no option to select another one. 'Current Location' is 'Place of Living'.. sounds strange to me.
Desktop crashes on exit htc hero
Doesn't do anything right now. The screen shots in the description above is literally all you get. We'll see if features are added soon
More features such as: * ability to chat with family online *show more than one spouse/partner on android *have description area on individual
Bobbi Jo (*)
Why would you have an app for something on the internet? Most of us don't have flash on our phones anyway. Unnistall.
Really good for Geni service users!
Well, it is easy to navigate, but operating the program on my Droid 2 Global is a nightmare...screen freezes, can't type numbers to enter birthdays.